I prefer the evening because it helps me relax before bed, but starting you day with gratitude is good too. It really depends on your schedule 😊
Either is fine what matter is that you are consistent and doing it every single day. So choice a time when you are most likely to commit to your practice of gratitude and reap the benefits!
I like the idea of taking the time to be grateful for things in the world or people in my life in the morning, that way I can approach the day and people in my life with that mindset. I like to reflect on the things I am grateful for in the evening that I was able to recognize from the day.
- Are you noticing any change in how you see the world around you by expressing gratitude each day?
- How many things is ok to write down about being grateful?
- Is it better to drink warm or cold water in the morning?
- Do you usually find that you are grateful for small, every day things or something more significant?
- When do you prefer to practise gratitude?
- How long do you usually reflect for? And do you find it helpful to write a list ?
- What is good news/moment you received in your life recently?
- Do you have a time for how long you want to express gratitude? E.g. mediate or pray for a certain amount of time or just say it out loud for a moment
- Does doing a gratitude checkin redirect your thinking and set you up for a good day?
- What did you notice you were least often gratefule for?