I take the bus nearly every morning to work, and it takes about 45 minutes. I find this is the best time for me to meditate as it's unlikely I will be disturbed and it's where I have the most free time in the morning. In general, in the morning is best for me because it preps me for the day
I meditate as soon as I am done walking my dog in the morning. If I don’t meditate then it usually becomes a chore on my to-do list and I never really get to it. I have realized doing meditation consistently requires you to do it at the same time and corner of your house every day:)
Also don’t be too tough on yourself if you miss a day or two. It helped to use someone I look up to in the family to keep me accountable.
A good pause at lunchtime is good to reflect and gather yourself together to refresh and recharge for the rest of the day.
- How do you meditate when you are at a busy place (work for example) or with a busy schedule?
- What are your sources to meditate? App, videos on YouTube, podcasts?
- How do you deal with a distracted mind before you even start to meditate?
- How to you stop random thoughts from coming up during meditation?
- What do you do about the aches and pains during meditation?
- Yes. I am a novice at “Meditation” and would be interested in hearing how others began their practice (how long, routine, resources, etc. ).
- How has meditation made a difference in your life?
- Do you experience days in which you don’t have a “successful” meditation session? Where your thoughts are just too overwhelming and racing at the speed of light that you can’t seem to slow them down?
- What is your favourite thing about meditation?
- Favorite time of day to meditate and ideal length of time? Is 10 minutes too short?