About a month of consistent meditation before i noticed any changes. They were subtle changes too, like being calm in stressful situations, or being able to see situations from an 'outsider' perspective
- How important is body position for meditation?
- How often do you meditate? What benefits does it bring?
- How long would you suggest a 12 year old to meditate for? And when?
- Do you use a guided meditation? If not, how normally focus while meditating?
- How does you meditation routine look? Do you do it in the morning or evening, etc.?
It takes time, and it takes patience to learn to know yourself better. And give honest answers. And be our true selves with ourselves. And with others. It is a journey of a lifetime. IMHO, time will vary from person to person and according to your chosen theme. HTH.
This is the first time I really try meditating and i’ve been doing it for about 3 weeks every now and then and daily for the last week. Based on this I can say that I noticed a difference, improvement in my relaxation, anxiety levels since the beginning of this daily practice this week.
When I began stretching and meditating at night as part of my bedtime I felt an immediate improvement in my ability to still my mind to prepare for sleep, and to release tension in my body to prepare for rest.
About a week or so , actually even girst time when you make meditation it just effects you immediately but for progress and long-term effects it took me 7 days.
About a month for small initial benefits (better anger management, getting more enjoyment out of things). But then the rate of seeing improvements went down a lot. I kept at it and when looking back can see changes, but they are gradual enough that I don’t notice them while they’re happening.
I started with the 3day challenge as directed just a simple task in the morning. I personally didn’t notice the change until the fourth day when my granddaughter ask me if I checked it off my list. That’s when I realized I was already forming better habits and that I was already subconsciously was making better choices.
I started to see changes as soon as I began. Meditating and channeling in what I want to improve helps me visualize what I’m manifesting. Improvement comes when I’m most consistent.
- What do you think about when you meditate?
- I just have such a hard time not letting my thoughts get in the way, any suggestions?
- What do people “get “out of meditation?
- Is there a position in which you feel more easy to concentrate?
- What time is needed for meditation? Should it be different in the morning and in the evening? If you sometimes fall asleep during meditation, what should you do?
- In meditation. Is your mind supposed to be clear or can you meditate on something positive (or both)?
- How do you sit straight but relaxed?
- When meditating are there easier ways to focus instead of visualizing my breath? I have a hard time concentrating and keeping my mind from wandering when meditating. Does this get better with practice? And what are tips to get better?
- Sometime, while meditating I feel the urge to open my eyes. It’s better to open them or trying to focus harder?
- How do you know when you’re comfortable enough to start meditating without a guided meditation?