When I started it was not more than a couple of minutes. But now I am able to meditate uptown 10 minutes. Just before starting meditation I do (and you should too) breathing exercises (pranayama) these calm and clear your mind and help to focus.
I meditate in the morning from 10-30 minutes before breakfast, but after tea. Then I meditate again before going to sleep. I find I sleep deeper if I do this and also fall asleep quicker. Sometimes, if I have been under lots of stress or doing heavy physical labor, I meditate after lunch and even treat myself to a quick nap! I use nature sound music during the meditations and to help lull me to dleep. The peacefulness is amazing!
It’s not always the same amount of time, but generally about 15-30 minutes. I like to do the hypnosis sessions, or binaural beats I find on YouTube, specifically for the issue I am currently dealing with, whether it be pain, stress, or trouble staying asleep. I prefer the longer sessions. I don’t have enough time to lucid dream or let myself get AND STAY in nirvana long enough, on the shorter sessions.
How long and how often I meditate is dependent on how I feel personally. Some days it’s necessary to spend more time grounding myself and refocusing on my goals.
10 minutes every morning. Some days I’ll do a longer sit in the evening. But I always do at least 10 min in the morning. I’m on a 20 day streak that I hope lasts forever.
- What kind of meditation do you practice.
- Do you have a meditation guide that you recommend or a particular teacher that you feel is very helpful for a beginner?
- When’s your favorite time of day to meditate?
- What is the best way and when is the best time to meditate
- Do you find guided or unguided meditation helps to clear your mind more?
- Is there a certain position you find that works better? It seems harder to focus when I try to sit super straight.
- Do you prefer guided mediations or just calming sounds? Do you have any tips to make master meditation?
- Can you meditate properly laying down?
- How do you position yourself when you meditate? Do you sit, lie down, or stand?
- What do you visualise when meditating??