I like visual representation. So usually, I draw a small doodle on a sticky note. I represent the things I am most thankful for. The act of creating in this case-drawing is very rewarding. When I look at my work, I get a sence of completion.
Write it down in my journal. It is great to look back and see what you are greatful for and what you have focused on. As well as having the opportunity to see how many things in life are good.
- What is the simplest thing you are grateful for?
- What does gratitude help you accomplish?
- Is gratefulness a habit or mindset? Do we call it a habit just to cultivate that mindset in long term?
- Inspite of practicing the gratitude my mind to get back to it’s old habit of focusing on the negatives does that happen with you also?
- Do you actually use the meditation exercises? Do they actually help you over a course of time?
- How do you find something to be grateful for on a bad day?
- Do you see being grateful part of your religious faith or only a secular (worldly) idea?
- How is your being grateful habit coming along? Is it hard? Easy? Do you find yourself just listing random stuff for the sake of, or do you actually deeply think about what you are truly grateful or appreciative of?
- When you are down in tje dumps, angry, resentful, etc., it is so hard to be grateful and see good… what are some quick fixes to get out of a funk/stinkin’ thinkin’?
- Do you try to pick something different to be grateful for everyday?