I most often realize my gratitude in the moment when someone is considerate of me or I see a huge improvement in my performance. I'm greatfull in times of kindness and accomplishment.
I look around what I have (apartment, bf, friends, family, jobs/ internships opportunities, life, talents I may have, health etc.
Look around yourself, and find even the tiniest thing that makes you happy that day (etc. The weather was sunny.). That way you learn to appreciate them more. I don't have a father for example but I turn it around by thinking I am grateful for it because he was a bad man and I deserve to be with the people that love me. I don't need to waste my energy on sorrow 🙂
I think about what happened through the day, a nice comment, a smile, the blue sky..anything that makes me feel good, like the smile of my dad, or the laugh of someone, can be really anything, even things that you do for yourself
- Are you noticing any change in how you see the world around you by expressing gratitude each day?
- How many things is ok to write down about being grateful?
- Is it better to drink warm or cold water in the morning?
- Do you usually find that you are grateful for small, every day things or something more significant?
- When do you prefer to practise gratitude?
- How long do you usually reflect for? And do you find it helpful to write a list ?
- What is good news/moment you received in your life recently?
- Do you have a time for how long you want to express gratitude? E.g. mediate or pray for a certain amount of time or just say it out loud for a moment
- Does doing a gratitude checkin redirect your thinking and set you up for a good day?
- What did you notice you were least often gratefule for?