I most often realize my gratitude in the moment when someone is considerate of me or I see a huge improvement in my performance. I'm greatfull in times of kindness and accomplishment.
I look around what I have (apartment, bf, friends, family, jobs/ internships opportunities, life, talents I may have, health etc.
Look around yourself, and find even the tiniest thing that makes you happy that day (etc. The weather was sunny.). That way you learn to appreciate them more. I don't have a father for example but I turn it around by thinking I am grateful for it because he was a bad man and I deserve to be with the people that love me. I don't need to waste my energy on sorrow 🙂
I think about what happened through the day, a nice comment, a smile, the blue sky..anything that makes me feel good, like the smile of my dad, or the laugh of someone, can be really anything, even things that you do for yourself
- What is the simplest thing you are grateful for?
- What does gratitude help you accomplish?
- Is gratefulness a habit or mindset? Do we call it a habit just to cultivate that mindset in long term?
- Inspite of practicing the gratitude my mind to get back to it’s old habit of focusing on the negatives does that happen with you also?
- Do you actually use the meditation exercises? Do they actually help you over a course of time?
- How do you find something to be grateful for on a bad day?
- Do you see being grateful part of your religious faith or only a secular (worldly) idea?
- How is your being grateful habit coming along? Is it hard? Easy? Do you find yourself just listing random stuff for the sake of, or do you actually deeply think about what you are truly grateful or appreciative of?
- When you are down in tje dumps, angry, resentful, etc., it is so hard to be grateful and see good… what are some quick fixes to get out of a funk/stinkin’ thinkin’?
- Do you try to pick something different to be grateful for everyday?