The second point to keeping a house clean is to stay on top of it everyday. Put away things right away because as the mess builds up, it can become more overwhelming to tackle. But spend 10 minutes tidying up at the end of the day? That seems way more manageable.
It doesn’t take long to do and once you’ve started you’ll have the impetus to carry on and do a little bit more.
But to be more practical; the space where you spend the most time; your room where you sleep. Sleeping in discord isn’t easy. If the room where you sleep is nice and cozy and clean, it’s like a miracle. Your sleep is so much better!
Second is bathrooms, because this is where mold and mildew can easily grow.
Third is bedroom and last is the living area
There’s so much comfort in a clean kitchen.
1. Your special place, whatever that may be
2. Your work area
3. Your room
4. Living room/ entertainment area
During my cleaning routine I’ll randomly add other stuff like clothes or dishes or whatever but picking up and sweeping are daily.
It’s all about what you find the most important to make you home feel comfortable.
If the bathroom isn't clean, you're not able to feel relaxed.
- How can you keep your house clean?
- Any tips on tackling clutter? I’d really like to reclaim some horizontal surfaces. I craft and diy a lot though and much of the nonsense is hard to find a place for.
- Would you rather clean in the morning or night?
- What time of day do you tidy best?
- How do you keep your room clean even when you are going through something and completely lacking motivation?
- Do you struggle a lot with keeping everything in order or is it something you look forward to?
- How do you find time in the day to rodiy?
- How often do you change the bed sheets?
- Do you use cleaning to distract you from other important tasks?
- Is cleaning your room a chore or a responsibility