I use the picks. I make sure to move around the pick in every spot between my teeth. This should get most of the plaque. I don't know if that is the best way, but it's what I do.
- Does showering with cold water offer any significant benefits compared to its risks?
- What are your favorite flossing tools?
- What is the healthiest way to floss and how often should you floss in a day and are the little flossers a healthy choice?
- Should I floss before or after brushing my teeth?
- Does everyone else hate flossing as much as I do?? If so, how do you overcome the dread?
I start with the ones I want to keep the most first- my front ones. That way if something urgent comes up (I’m a mom) at least I’ll still be pretty. I go up the sides of both teeth and gently sweep the gum area on both sides. I use a floss pick because my fingers are too short to reach the back teeth, and because they’re impacted I gently bite down on the plastic to push the floss in between the molars; the strong jaw muscles will give you much more control over the pressure so the floss doesn’t slam into the delicate gum tissue.
I tend to floss more often when I use the little individual plastic flossers. I try to keep one in my wallet or even my pocket so I can basically floss any time.
- Are there any sustainable floss options?
- How do you know that you’ve flossed long enough?
- Do you floss before or after you brush teeth?
- What time of day do you like to floss and how often do you do it?
- How often do you floss? Why is it important?
- Before or after brushing?
- Have you noticed an improvement in your gum health since sustaining your flossing habit?
- How long do you floss
- What kind of floss / flosser do you use?
- Do you guys wash the string for each teeth you floss or?