You may also find guided meditation easier to work with in the beginning. Focus on the speaker, but also don't worry about your thoughts straying. If they do, just recognize it, accept it, and return your focus to the speaker.
Diving deeper into the thought while meditating is perfectly fine. It's impossible to have no thoughts and mastery comes from being away of these other thoughts coming into your mind and bring your attention back to the idea.
1. Make time.
2. Start with short periods of time like 2-5minutes per meditation session.
3. Focus on your breath.
4. If you notice your mind wandering…go back to focusing on your breath.
You’ll get better and you’ll thank yourself later!
Good luck on your journey.
- How much time does it take to make meditation a habit?
- How do you meditate when you’re not in the spiritual mood and nothing feels connective?
- What is meditation definition?
- What are different ways of improving focus while I am studying? Can meditation help me in this?
- What does meditation mean?
- Can l meditate lying down?
- What does meditation do?
- Should I meditate in silence or with peaceful music?
- What are some of your difficulties with meditation and how do you cope with them/maintain focus?
- How to not get into sleep