Diving deeper into the thought while meditating is perfectly fine. It's impossible to have no thoughts and mastery comes from being away of these other thoughts coming into your mind and bring your attention back to the idea.
Good luck on your journey.
1. Make time.
2. Start with short periods of time like 2-5minutes per meditation session.
3. Focus on your breath.
4. If you notice your mind wandering…go back to focusing on your breath.
You’ll get better and you’ll thank yourself later!
You may also find guided meditation easier to work with in the beginning. Focus on the speaker, but also don't worry about your thoughts straying. If they do, just recognize it, accept it, and return your focus to the speaker.
- What kind of meditation do you practice.
- Do you have a meditation guide that you recommend or a particular teacher that you feel is very helpful for a beginner?
- When’s your favorite time of day to meditate?
- What is the best way and when is the best time to meditate
- Do you find guided or unguided meditation helps to clear your mind more?
- Is there a certain position you find that works better? It seems harder to focus when I try to sit super straight.
- Do you prefer guided mediations or just calming sounds? Do you have any tips to make master meditation?
- Can you meditate properly laying down?
- How do you position yourself when you meditate? Do you sit, lie down, or stand?
- What do you visualise when meditating??