I use a series of six stretches from a book called “3 minutes to a pain-free life,” held for 30 seconds each. The stretches are mostly similar to yoga poses: child’s pose, cat-cow, cobra, then a wide straddle, deep squat, and hands overhead w/ fingers interlaced, wrists out. Sometimes I’ll throw in downward dog too, or some streiI learned in PT.
I just do some stretches like trying to touch your feet while not bending your knees. I stretch in bed, too, just like a cat would. Lol
I stretch from top to bottom. I start will rolling my shoulders, stretching my arms, legs and such. I do half while standing and half while sitting. Which ones I complete depends on what exercise I do. But I do standing and sitting hamstring stretch, quadriceps stretch, hip flexor stretch, standing calf stretch, and others for neck, back, chest and even wrists.
Mainly back, neck and leg stretches for all of the stiff parts. Your neck you can just roll it from side to side slowly for a couple of seconds, legs i mainly sit on the floor and reach for my feet.
Stretches that make some one becoming stenght, fresh and help their body health. Like meditation, simple stretches and so on.
Before bed I do more stretches on the ground like cat cow, childs pose, supine twist, some meditation. In the morning I do sun salutations and poses that are upright and make me feel powerful.
I have neck/shoulder and back problems so I try to do my stretches given to me by my physical therapist. I also like to just bend over from my waist and hang… For me this releases the tension in above said areas as well as relaxes me.
- What are good stretches for the morning when you get up?
- Stretches or exercises I could do to relieve lower and upper back pain? I have pain along my spine
- What kind of stretches do you like to do for your lower back and hamstrings?
- How does stretching help my brain?
- How many muscle groups do you target per stretch session?
- What type of exercises can I do beside sit-ups? They are too strenuous for me.
- I want to know how to stretch my glutes.
- What part of fabulous can help me with anxiety?
- How long do you usually have to stretch to actually have an effect on your body?
- Do you find it’s easier to stretch in the morning right after you wake up or at night before bed?