I stretch from top to bottom. I start will rolling my shoulders, stretching my arms, legs and such. I do half while standing and half while sitting. Which ones I complete depends on what exercise I do. But I do standing and sitting hamstring stretch, quadriceps stretch, hip flexor stretch, standing calf stretch, and others for neck, back, chest and even wrists.
I use a series of six stretches from a book called “3 minutes to a pain-free life,” held for 30 seconds each. The stretches are mostly similar to yoga poses: child’s pose, cat-cow, cobra, then a wide straddle, deep squat, and hands overhead w/ fingers interlaced, wrists out. Sometimes I’ll throw in downward dog too, or some streiI learned in PT.
I just do some stretches like trying to touch your feet while not bending your knees. I stretch in bed, too, just like a cat would. Lol
Stretches that make some one becoming stenght, fresh and help their body health. Like meditation, simple stretches and so on.
Before bed I do more stretches on the ground like cat cow, childs pose, supine twist, some meditation. In the morning I do sun salutations and poses that are upright and make me feel powerful.
Mainly back, neck and leg stretches for all of the stiff parts. Your neck you can just roll it from side to side slowly for a couple of seconds, legs i mainly sit on the floor and reach for my feet.
I have neck/shoulder and back problems so I try to do my stretches given to me by my physical therapist. I also like to just bend over from my waist and hang… For me this releases the tension in above said areas as well as relaxes me.
- I want to know how to relax while stretching
- How can I be motivated to stretch? To me, it seems something so simple that it’s a bit annoying. Although it healthy for your body. So how can I be motivated to something simple like that?
- How do you synchronize your breathing with your stretching?
- Do you stretch everyday? What is the frequency that you shoot for? When do you get it in?
- Whats the best strech for sholders or at the top of the back?
- Does running up some bleachers count as stretching or exercise?
- What has stretching helped you with? Has it changed your life in any way?
- What is your favourite stretching exercise?
- What are some of the best stretch routines you’ve found?
- Which body parts or muscles are the best to stretch in the mornings?