I have a family history of back trouble so I'm careful to focus on strengthening and stretching my back. I have arthritis in my knees so I focus strengthening and stretching my legs in the knee area.
- Why should I not bounce when stretching while my coaches say to?
- When do I know the stretch pain is me stretching properly versus hurting myself?
- When you stretch, do you ever do it alone as a practice in itself, or only as a part of another workout or exercise?
- Should you start with your upper half or lower half first?
- What time of day is best for stretching?
I started for a few weeks with the stretching download on this app and now I have just downloaded and app called 30 Day Splits in order to do the front/back splits. It’s a goal to aim for so will keep me motivated. I’m already more flexible than I’ve ever been in my life in less than a month of using this app!
I’m not sure what different “kinds” of strectching there are. I have a routine I have accumulated over the years from dance classes and worouts that targets every muscle I can. If I do 30 secs on each stretch it takes me about 15mins. I think the main places that are missed often are the biceps, hips and inner thigh. I find sitting with legs crossed and lean over you legs is a great one you can do anytime. It’s hard to explain stretches but there are great articles online. If you search for some and try them out to see what your body needs and then add what you like to your routine.
- What are good stretches for the morning when you get up?
- Stretches or exercises I could do to relieve lower and upper back pain? I have pain along my spine
- What kind of stretches do you like to do for your lower back and hamstrings?
- How does stretching help my brain?
- How many muscle groups do you target per stretch session?
- What type of exercises can I do beside sit-ups? They are too strenuous for me.
- I want to know how to stretch my glutes.
- What part of fabulous can help me with anxiety?
- How long do you usually have to stretch to actually have an effect on your body?
- Do you find it’s easier to stretch in the morning right after you wake up or at night before bed?