I have a family history of back trouble so I'm careful to focus on strengthening and stretching my back. I have arthritis in my knees so I focus strengthening and stretching my legs in the knee area.
M Ximo S.
I’m not sure what different “kinds” of strectching there are. I have a routine I have accumulated over the years from dance classes and worouts that targets every muscle I can. If I do 30 secs on each stretch it takes me about 15mins. I think the main places that are missed often are the biceps, hips and inner thigh. I find sitting with legs crossed and lean over you legs is a great one you can do anytime. It’s hard to explain stretches but there are great articles online. If you search for some and try them out to see what your body needs and then add what you like to your routine.
I started for a few weeks with the stretching download on this app and now I have just downloaded and app called 30 Day Splits in order to do the front/back splits. It’s a goal to aim for so will keep me motivated. I’m already more flexible than I’ve ever been in my life in less than a month of using this app!
- I want to know how to relax while stretching
- How can I be motivated to stretch? To me, it seems something so simple that it’s a bit annoying. Although it healthy for your body. So how can I be motivated to something simple like that?
- How do you synchronize your breathing with your stretching?
- Do you stretch everyday? What is the frequency that you shoot for? When do you get it in?
- Whats the best strech for sholders or at the top of the back?
- Does running up some bleachers count as stretching or exercise?
- What has stretching helped you with? Has it changed your life in any way?
- What is your favourite stretching exercise?
- What are some of the best stretch routines you’ve found?
- Which body parts or muscles are the best to stretch in the mornings?