I exercise an 1-2 hours after I’ve been awake. What works for me is an exercise regimen by week. For instance, one week I’ll do the elliptical for 30 minutes and lift some weights and then the next week, I’ll focus on strength training or core training, that way I don’t get SO BORED with either but also I don’t have to decide what random workout to do everyday.
First, I do some basic exercises and stretches to wake up my body. I follow this routine https://youtu.be/epabz6dGapw
It includes planks, downward dog, squats and lunges.
Afterwards, I do a quick 4 minute interval flow:
That gets me going and energized for the day – plus, it gets the fat burning machine started 😉
I usually do lower body workouts like legs, thighs and glutes because that’s just what I want to improve on at the moment
Other days i go for long walks or to play football in the park with my children, so again that's breakfast first. Personally, I find adapting my routine around the needs of my day to be the best way to stick to it. It's different for everyone though. Good luck!
- Can you recommend a 30 minute exercise program for everyday use?
- What is your favorite exercise and how early do you like to wake up before you go to work?
- What do you find to be the best time of day to fit in exercise as a working person?
- How do you stay motivated to exercise in the mornings and how do you celebrate?
- How do you vary your workouts so that you build all types of fitness and not just overdo one aspect such as too much cardio and not enough strength or flexibility or vice versa?
- How do you make your exercise fun?
- How do you motivate yourself to exercise when you are tired?
- I have trouble prioritizing so that exercise doesn’t get missed. What have you found to be helpful for getting exercise in every day?
- Should you exercise before you eat or after? The habits when you first start go from water to healthy breakfast then exercise. I don’t remember seeing anything that suggested exercise after water then eating a good breakfast, but that’s what I’ve been doing because it makes more sense to me.
- What type of exercise routine are you following?