I do not really crave for milk or cheese, it was butter and cream that was hard to give up, but I found soy cream and coconut margerene so I have come to terms with it. It's also easier when I think about how awful I used to feel after consuming milk products, and how good I feel now.
-sandwiches: daiya (gouda is really good)
-cream cheese: kite hill. ahmazing!
I also eat non-dairy sorbet instead of ice cream when I want a treat.
So my adwise would be to go lactose free 🙂
For milk, it is easier, almond milk and coconutipk are very nice.
So back to your question, I suggest perhaps just give yourself a treat once in a while and stop wasting energy and time trying to find substitutes for diary products, what if you do find a substitute and you go back to the habit of over consumption?
I also had to give up the idea that I was going to find a nondairy replacement that would taste just like It’s dairy counterpart. I was able to put nondairy items in their own category- like potato chips VS tortilla chips- both awesome snacks, both crunchy, but not quite the same. I didn’t feel like I was depriving myself or trying to trick myself into liking something that wasn’t as good as the original.
I hope this helps!!
If you want something to taste like cheese, macaroni cheese for example, you can use nutritional yeast to flavour your dish like cheese.
I have yet to find a good cheese substitute too
- Any ideas for a healthier breakfast when there’s limited time and I fancy something sweet?
- What does the other Fabulous members eat for breakfast for optimum energy?
- I’m always on the go running late what items do you grab for a quick bite?
- What does everyone usually have for there breakfast?
- What is the healthiest high-protein breakfast that doesn’t require any cooking?
- What are they eating
- Cheap breakfast ideas?
- To save some time in the morning, do prepare your breakfast the day before?
- What defines a ‘great breakfast’ to you?
- How can I motivate myself to set up my breakfast at night so I have an easier morning when I am exhausted?