I do not really crave for milk or cheese, it was butter and cream that was hard to give up, but I found soy cream and coconut margerene so I have come to terms with it. It's also easier when I think about how awful I used to feel after consuming milk products, and how good I feel now.
-sandwiches: daiya (gouda is really good)
-cream cheese: kite hill. ahmazing!
I also eat non-dairy sorbet instead of ice cream when I want a treat.
So my adwise would be to go lactose free 🙂
For milk, it is easier, almond milk and coconutipk are very nice.
So back to your question, I suggest perhaps just give yourself a treat once in a while and stop wasting energy and time trying to find substitutes for diary products, what if you do find a substitute and you go back to the habit of over consumption?
I also had to give up the idea that I was going to find a nondairy replacement that would taste just like It’s dairy counterpart. I was able to put nondairy items in their own category- like potato chips VS tortilla chips- both awesome snacks, both crunchy, but not quite the same. I didn’t feel like I was depriving myself or trying to trick myself into liking something that wasn’t as good as the original.
I hope this helps!!
If you want something to taste like cheese, macaroni cheese for example, you can use nutritional yeast to flavour your dish like cheese.
I have yet to find a good cheese substitute too
- What is the difference between a great breakfast and a not-so-great one?
- I love the app but I leave a lot of tasks unchecked. It’s great to make a to-do list but nothing is making me do any of it. I suffer with depression, anxiety, chronic fatigue, and chronic back pain so it’s difficult to get things ticked off. Anything I could try?
- Hello friendly stranger! Do you know some fast breakfast options that are whole foods and won’t spike blood sugar?
- What do you consider a great breakfast?
- Do you have any breakfast recipes with almond milk?
- Is it okay to define a great breakfast as a breakfast that is a real treat (but maybe not very healthy) on the weekends?
- What exactly constitutes a great breakfast?
- Have any quick energizing breakfast recipes that you use daily?
- What are easy, accessible breakfasts? I’ve been having poached eggs and toast for months now, and it fills the void, but it does get quite boring (and I’m worried about having potentially more protein than my body can process).
- What is an easy breakfast that’s good for busy mornings?