I also like making a smoothie to go. You can put anything you want in there so make sure it isn't just a bunch of sugary things. Add flax seeds, spirulina, chia seeds, kale or other greens. But reward yourself by including delicious fruit too. I use yogurt, orange juice, non dairy milk and a half a banana as a "base" and add frozen fruits to that. Various "superfoods" are available in powdered form, but can be expensive. I use whatever I have on hand. I have a portable single serving size blender so that helps make it an on the go option.
I also like prepped egg muffins (so many recipes online) or a breakfast burrito (I like beans potato, onion, pepper, egg, cheese, salsa, Pico). Grill the burrito when all folded it makes all the difference . Wrap in foil and go!
I always drink smoothie for breakfast, and when I am out of town (so I dont have my blender) then I eat fruit. It is simple and I dont have to think about what to eat too much. I always buy smoothie ingredients when i go food shopping. Frozen banana or frozen fruit make it easy because it can stay long in the freezer, and if you forgot to buy fruit for smoothie you can use them. I also keep a jar of seeds that I like to include in my smoothie. Nut butter, protein powder, you can make it fancy as you want or simple as you want, depend on the situation and what you have.
If it's an extra busy morning, I have cereal or granola.
- Why is it wrong to skip breakfast? I know people who skip breakfast and actually feel better after skipping breakfast.
- I can eat in the morning, but I’m having a hard time eating before going to work because no matter what time I wake up I feel like I’m always running late. I want to eat before I get to work because I want to eat breakfast within an hour of waking up to start my day off right. How do you do it?
- Is eating breakfast the first or last part of your morning routine?
- How do I start remembering things better and feel comfortable with it?
- What are some yummy add-ins that you like to put in your overnight oats?
- Is caffeine okay, or not recommended?
- What do you have for breakfast as a healthy option?
- I have to get two kids (2 and 3) ready every morning and don’t ever feel like I have time to cook eggs for breakfast. What are some very healthy going-out-the-door recipes that take minimal prep?
- Is it good to run before or after breakfast?
- Any small meals that are filling? I’m not very hungry in the morning and don’t know what to eat.