Oats are also fairly easy and nutritious. Just microwave for a minute or so 😜
It is easy to make and tasteful. Especially since there are different flavours of both.
I've gotten to the place that I have to have yogurt for every breakfast. I allow myself a traditional breakfast on the weekends; egg, a meat, wheat bread or English muffins, fruit spread.
Even better is if you can spend 30 minutes to cook egg muffin frittatas on a weekend or your day off! You can make them in large batches and keep them in the fridge or freezer so you can grab and go when you need them.
To create that special blend of food, we must have these :
1. Vegetables, barely cooked- the most important thing to start a day with.
2. Protein, cooked well- they can be anything from milk, eggs, unprocessed meat or fish.
3. Nuts and /or beans, cooked enough.
4. Yougurt, plain, simple and flavorless as the day's supply of probiotics- good bacteria for the stomach.
5. Fruits, of your choice. A mix can do more magic.
6. Plain water, one or two glasses.
7. Uplifting beverages, nothing but a cup of sugarless green tea.
8. Try to add a little supply of raw, green spices, vegetables and herbs like a fresh piece of lime, a little raw clove of garlic, that much raw ginger, a little chilli, presley, lettuce, carrots etc. Drops of honey will make it more edible.
9. Do you love bread? Try whole wheat, whole grain ones.
Now, how come you are going to prep this 'simple' breakfast and eat it all in ten minutes or so?
It's tough at first to adapt ourselves to the appropriate preparation at first, but keep it in mind that we need the most nutritious breakfast.
And we can do it this way :
Prepare two different dishes for days with vegetables, nuts, beans and meat.
You're gonna eat interchangeably, every other day.
Prepare two more herby, spiced, veggie salad for weekdays.
Buy fresh fruits for the week.
Eating these awesome foods :
Microwave your nutty, beany, meaty neat vegetables for 1 minute or more with that whole grain bread while you're picking up the fruits for morn.
Get the dish out of the oven and mix your herby salad with drips of honey, lime squeeze and a tablespoon of yogurt.
Grab a glass of milk or prepare an omelet, or get your green tea to make it different from every day.
- Why is it wrong to skip breakfast? I know people who skip breakfast and actually feel better after skipping breakfast.
- I can eat in the morning, but I’m having a hard time eating before going to work because no matter what time I wake up I feel like I’m always running late. I want to eat before I get to work because I want to eat breakfast within an hour of waking up to start my day off right. How do you do it?
- Is eating breakfast the first or last part of your morning routine?
- How do I start remembering things better and feel comfortable with it?
- What are some yummy add-ins that you like to put in your overnight oats?
- Is caffeine okay, or not recommended?
- What do you have for breakfast as a healthy option?
- I have to get two kids (2 and 3) ready every morning and don’t ever feel like I have time to cook eggs for breakfast. What are some very healthy going-out-the-door recipes that take minimal prep?
- Is it good to run before or after breakfast?
- Any small meals that are filling? I’m not very hungry in the morning and don’t know what to eat.