Breakfast is important. However, animals actually work for their food by foraging and/or hunting, so I am not sure I buy into eating breakfast right away.
I can not say I am sure about best meal, but I always have fruit, usually fresh, with every meal. Water is critical with every meal as well. It hydrates and flushes your system and can get you alert in the morning if cold.
Protein will supply the building blocks ripped away by activity, even for the sedentary. "Safe fats", in moderation, provide your store of long term fuel; sugars, preferably from foods rather than spoons, (again, in moderation) provide your immediate energy.
In short, the best breakfast is one you research and design, one that does not impair longevity because it is solely based on flavor.
A "good ahead and kill me, but I want me goodies" attitude may seem empowering and heroic, but decline with age can be more, or less, miserable depending on your choices.
There is no "go ahead and take me, I'm ready for heaven" switch at the end. There is only decline, quick and miserable, or slow and enriching.
- What is your favorite healthy breakfast that gives you sustained energy and keeps you feeling full until lunch?
- How do I get more veggies for breakfast?
- What is the lightest acceptable breakfast for someone with a full hectic schedule?
- What’s a good breakfast option for vegans?
- What would you combine in an easy go-to, vegan, breakfast smoothie that includes all the necessary vitamins and minerals for a physically active working day?
- When is the best time to have breakfast?
- What are your plans to make sure you eat a good healthy breakfast every morning?
- I sometimes like to sprinkle grains, nuts and fruit on a green salad for breakfast. Is there any reason I shouldn’t eat a raw greens salad after my morning workout?
- Any quick protein rich vegan breakfasts? Need some ideas! Thanks 🙂
- How can I make a dairy-free omelette?