Breakfast is important. However, animals actually work for their food by foraging and/or hunting, so I am not sure I buy into eating breakfast right away.
I can not say I am sure about best meal, but I always have fruit, usually fresh, with every meal. Water is critical with every meal as well. It hydrates and flushes your system and can get you alert in the morning if cold.
Protein will supply the building blocks ripped away by activity, even for the sedentary. "Safe fats", in moderation, provide your store of long term fuel; sugars, preferably from foods rather than spoons, (again, in moderation) provide your immediate energy.
In short, the best breakfast is one you research and design, one that does not impair longevity because it is solely based on flavor.
A "good ahead and kill me, but I want me goodies" attitude may seem empowering and heroic, but decline with age can be more, or less, miserable depending on your choices.
There is no "go ahead and take me, I'm ready for heaven" switch at the end. There is only decline, quick and miserable, or slow and enriching.
- Why is it wrong to skip breakfast? I know people who skip breakfast and actually feel better after skipping breakfast.
- I can eat in the morning, but I’m having a hard time eating before going to work because no matter what time I wake up I feel like I’m always running late. I want to eat before I get to work because I want to eat breakfast within an hour of waking up to start my day off right. How do you do it?
- Is eating breakfast the first or last part of your morning routine?
- How do I start remembering things better and feel comfortable with it?
- What are some yummy add-ins that you like to put in your overnight oats?
- Is caffeine okay, or not recommended?
- What do you have for breakfast as a healthy option?
- I have to get two kids (2 and 3) ready every morning and don’t ever feel like I have time to cook eggs for breakfast. What are some very healthy going-out-the-door recipes that take minimal prep?
- Is it good to run before or after breakfast?
- Any small meals that are filling? I’m not very hungry in the morning and don’t know what to eat.