There’s so much you can do to customize it to your preference, or not at all! The night before, in a cup or container that will fit in your cars cup holder, put your oats (regular, not steel cut) in and add milk to the top of the oats, or more depending on how you like it (I prefer a little more milk).
I prefer mine just like that, cause I love oats and milk.
You can prepare whatever you’d like to add ahead of time in another container (I don’t add them at the time because that changes the texture in a way I don’t prefer).
So many options: apples, pears, granola, peaches, brown sugar, agave, blueberries … mint.. ANYTHING! Nuts! Whatever!
Then you’re all set.
Don’t have to worry about cooking or anything. I used to think a hot breakfast was the standard, but I started to pair this with a thermos of hot tea and it’s been lovely.
A quick sandwich is also a good option. Bread, egg, cheese, lettuce and tomatoes is what my nutritionist recommended me. Weird thing, but I learned to love it. You can take the cheese and veggies out and put some avocado. It's also delicious.
Overnight oatmeal is another good idea. You can meal prep in cheap glass jars leaving them in the fridge. Just pick one and go for it when commuting.
- What is everyone’s favorite breakfast that is quick?
- What is a quick, nutritious and filling (long-lasting energy) breakfast option?
- How do you eat a good breakfast while away from home?
- What is an ideal quick and easy vegetarian breakfast?
- What’s on your breakfast plate?
- How good is rice and chicken for breakfast??
- What is an easy breakfast to make the night before if mornings are hard?
- What is a quick, easy and nutritious breakfast I can eat on the go?
- Any easy and healthy breakfast ideas for office going people to prepare in the morning?
- What about intermittent fasting? Does anyone have experience with this? If so should I stop having breakfast?