There’s so much you can do to customize it to your preference, or not at all! The night before, in a cup or container that will fit in your cars cup holder, put your oats (regular, not steel cut) in and add milk to the top of the oats, or more depending on how you like it (I prefer a little more milk).
I prefer mine just like that, cause I love oats and milk.
You can prepare whatever you’d like to add ahead of time in another container (I don’t add them at the time because that changes the texture in a way I don’t prefer).
So many options: apples, pears, granola, peaches, brown sugar, agave, blueberries … mint.. ANYTHING! Nuts! Whatever!
Then you’re all set.
Don’t have to worry about cooking or anything. I used to think a hot breakfast was the standard, but I started to pair this with a thermos of hot tea and it’s been lovely.
A quick sandwich is also a good option. Bread, egg, cheese, lettuce and tomatoes is what my nutritionist recommended me. Weird thing, but I learned to love it. You can take the cheese and veggies out and put some avocado. It's also delicious.
Overnight oatmeal is another good idea. You can meal prep in cheap glass jars leaving them in the fridge. Just pick one and go for it when commuting.
- What are some good breakfast ideas?
- Would love to know more gluten-free vegan (no dairy, no egg, no cheese, no soy, no sesame) breakfast ideas that are simple (few ingredients) to prepare.
- What are some different types of healthy breakfasts you recommend?
- What do you when you run out of time in the morning?
- What do you do when you really crave donuts or frozen French toast for breakfast?
- I usually eat my breakfast in the car and it is the same every day. A banana. How can I add variety and still maintain a flexible breakfast?
- What is your favorite vegan breakfast without sugar?
- What kind of smoothie do you recommend?
- What can I drink in the morning instead of coffee?
- Is banana bread and apple sauce a good breakfast?