There’s so much you can do to customize it to your preference, or not at all! The night before, in a cup or container that will fit in your cars cup holder, put your oats (regular, not steel cut) in and add milk to the top of the oats, or more depending on how you like it (I prefer a little more milk).
I prefer mine just like that, cause I love oats and milk.
You can prepare whatever you’d like to add ahead of time in another container (I don’t add them at the time because that changes the texture in a way I don’t prefer).
So many options: apples, pears, granola, peaches, brown sugar, agave, blueberries … mint.. ANYTHING! Nuts! Whatever!
Then you’re all set.
Don’t have to worry about cooking or anything. I used to think a hot breakfast was the standard, but I started to pair this with a thermos of hot tea and it’s been lovely.
A quick sandwich is also a good option. Bread, egg, cheese, lettuce and tomatoes is what my nutritionist recommended me. Weird thing, but I learned to love it. You can take the cheese and veggies out and put some avocado. It's also delicious.
Overnight oatmeal is another good idea. You can meal prep in cheap glass jars leaving them in the fridge. Just pick one and go for it when commuting.
- How can you make sure to have a great breakfast every day?
- Do you have any breakfast suggestions for people allergic to milk?
- Any suggestions for make-ahead breakfasts?
- What is your morning excercise routine?
- How early do you eat breakfast?
- What do you love about your body?
- How can I make myself hungry if I don’t want to eat in the morning?
- Do you have any fast breakfast options?
- What are some healthy on the go breakfast options?
- I like to eat boiled egg every day for breakfast. Do you think that is good or should I change to be only 3 days with egg and others with oats and milk?