I think this is very much a personal decision that will be different for everyone. In my own life, I had a point where I was struggling to understand the concept and felt like I was mostly going through the motions. I kept asking the same question, wanting to do the very best thing to get the results that so many others seemed to get so easily. I can't possibly know your story, but I can tell you the advice I was given at the time that helped me most. I was reminded that there is no best, so I should simply find ANY way of loving myself. One way soon leads to others and love is love. It's the act itself that matters, not the expression.
- How do you get the most out of a meditation when you just can’t keep your mind on that particular exercise?
- What helps you stop and focus on the days where sitting still and meditation feels almost impossible?
- Do you get better at meditating the longer you do it?
- What are your favorite times of day to meditate and why?
- When you meditate do you focus purely on your breathing or are you trying to be aware of the present moment?
The best choice would be to learn to love yourself. Learning to love who you are and embrace your strengths and capabilitiesj is always beneficial. By loving yourself, you can learn to love others. If you have trouble finding a way to love yourself, seek help or think about about the things you do that make you, you.
Practicing being mindful and popping – and pulling away – from the nasty thoughts that drag us down.. And doing other little thought exercises and self-care acts and stuff!
I think it varies by person! Loving yourself means taking time to do something you enjoy. I like to remind myself of what I like about myself. Go for a walk.
- What are the advantages you see with meditation in a group?
- I wonder if there are others who have trouble visualizing, while meditating? Is yes, can you do it now? If yes, what did you do that allowed you to visualize? I am so frustrated! TIA.
- It’s so easy to stop meditating and not get back into it. How do I persist with my practice even when it seems like I don’t have time or patience for it?
- Does anyone use a candle when they meditate?
- Does anybody use a meditation pillow? And do you meditate first thing in the morning or later?
- How long before you feel that meditation is working?
- What is your practice like? Do you ever find yourself avoiding meditation?
- Why do you choose to meditate? Is it because of how it makes you feel?
- Is better if you meditate with more people?
- How long do you usually meditate and what’s in your mind when meditating? How efficiently keep concentrating?