Guided for right now as I am new to meditation. Perhaps at a later date I will change to unguided but for now guided is good for me.
In a low mood, I prefer the guided ones for someone can pull you out of the negative mood. But in calm or try to relax, the ones with short guide and long pause are better for reflection
I’ve only ever had one guided meditation session while on vacation and I find hard to reproduce an experience as nice as that because the teacher had a very unique energy and how she was and her personal technique was very inspiring but otherwise I consider meditation a form of a breathing exercise so I prefer nothing or calming music
Klaus D X.
Guided meditation. I use the Calm apps and I find the voice helps me relax, come back to my breathing and be nice with myself. There is a new subject each day to think about and it’s mostly very helping in my life.
The guided meditation helps me remember to focus and not stray. But non guided makes me feel like i dont need to depend on the guidance, so that i can develop practising on my own
A balance of both. I do think it’s necessary however, when you are first learning to meditate to learn without anything except instructive guidance and once you feel comfortable in your own meditation mastery to then allow guidance as well.
I am using the app calm for some of my meditation. There are 10 minute session that Tamara guides me through but I also use focus music to meditate on my own
As I am a beginner and my mind still wanders, I prefer guided meditations. However, I think that as I get better at it, I will switch to non-guided.
- What is the actual process of meditation? What should I actually do during Meditation? What should I think about?
- Hey fabulous people do find it best to meditate first thing in the morning ?
- What specific skill is most important in meditation?
- What is in your mind when you meditate?
- What do you do to get back in the groove when you’re interrupted while meditating?
- Could you meditate after school?
- What is the difference between mind voice and intuition voice? How to make a difference between them?
- Summer is pretty much here where I live- kids schedule changes pretty dramatically and there are usually family and friend events that need a lot of planning and dedication towards which throws me off my work schedule and even my daily routine and rituals. How do you all stay on track with your daily routine and work schedule when summer comes and kids and family schedules change ?
- Please how do I meditate? What’s the procedure?
- What are some common thoughts you have that are resistant to meditating? How do you cope with them, both during meditation and not?