Other options that I’ve seen but never tried could be egg muffins where you bake the eggs in muffin tins with veg!
But otherwise even just frying some eggs in the morning or having yoghurt and muesli is very quick and easy!
Overnight Chai Steel-Cut Oats
1 cup steel-cut oats
1 cup hemp milk or non-dairy milk of your choice
2 Tbs. chia seeds
¼ tsp. ground cardamom
¼ tsp. vanilla extract
¼ tsp. ground ginger or 1 Tbs. crystallized ginger
¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
1 pinch nutmeg
1 pinch black pepper
1 Tbs. maple syrup, optional
1 Tbs. shredded coconut, optional
1 Tbs. chopped pistachios, optional
1. Combine oats, hemp milk, chia seeds, cardamom, vanilla, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, black pepper, and maple syrup (if using) in glass jar with lid. Stir, close lid, and refrigerate overnight.
2. Open lid, stir, and sprinkle with coconut and pistachios, if using.
For quick easy breakfasts I also like
– An apple with a couple hard boiled eggs (I hate peeling eggs so I buy a bag of eggs that have already been boiled and peeled. They are great to just grab and go.)
-An apple with a couple slices of turkey
-An apple with peanut butter
-High fiber bread toasted with peanut butter
-Greek yogurt with fruit and/or granola
1/2 c dairy free milk
3/4 tsp chia seeds
Add nuts or fruit
Combine in a glass bowl or jar cover and refrigerate
- Why is it wrong to skip breakfast? I know people who skip breakfast and actually feel better after skipping breakfast.
- I can eat in the morning, but I’m having a hard time eating before going to work because no matter what time I wake up I feel like I’m always running late. I want to eat before I get to work because I want to eat breakfast within an hour of waking up to start my day off right. How do you do it?
- Is eating breakfast the first or last part of your morning routine?
- How do I start remembering things better and feel comfortable with it?
- What are some yummy add-ins that you like to put in your overnight oats?
- Is caffeine okay, or not recommended?
- What do you have for breakfast as a healthy option?
- I have to get two kids (2 and 3) ready every morning and don’t ever feel like I have time to cook eggs for breakfast. What are some very healthy going-out-the-door recipes that take minimal prep?
- Is it good to run before or after breakfast?
- Any small meals that are filling? I’m not very hungry in the morning and don’t know what to eat.