Another great recipe is an omelette: Preheat frying pan on medium heat whisk an egg or two until smooth, slowly pour in, and move it around from edges to Centre. Remove when slightly undercooked and fold it in half or a roulette – the heat will continue cooking the eggs, resulting in a smooth, velvety texture.
Both recipes go well with a slice of cheese(extra protein) and salad (some Fibre)!
I add two eggs, some frozen spinach (or another and a dollop of butter (and any other seasonings I might want) and microwave until cooked. About 2-3 minutes should do it. Microwave an extra minute or so if not completely cooked.
The butter mixed in makes sure it doesn't stick and gives it a great flavour. Overall a very filling, tasty and nutritious eggs recipe in a short amount of time!
If you want you can use basil or oregano for a more flavored dish.
Whisk 2 eggs together with black pepper, sea salt, mixed Italian herbs and a little olive oil, pour this into a pre heated pan on a low heat with a little more olive oil. As the layer of egg on the bottom cooks pull it to the side of the pan in a sheet letting more egg hit the hot pan, as more of the egg cooks begin to break it up a bit with your spatula. Once the egg is cooked to your liking take it off the heat and put your eggs on a plate. Enjoy
Time < 5 minutes; Ingredients (eggs, dried dill, pepper, salt for tasting)
Option 2: the scramble
Time < 8 minutes; solid simple recipe for scrambled eggs; ingredients ( butter, milk, salt, pepper)
Turn the heat down just a little and crack an egg into the middle of the pan.
It'll cool the water down and stop it boiling, so bring the heat back up and watch it carefully- it needs to be a gentle boil.
3-4 minutes for soft, runny egg, 5 for a firm one.
Cracked black pepper, pinch of salt and some chilli flakes to serve (with thick toast!)
- How big is your breakfast compared to your lunch?
- Could you offer simple ideas on what to cook in the morning that would be healthy?
- What’s your favorite on the go breakfast?
- How to meal prep breakfast??
- Any suggestions for a good vegetarian breakfast/ brunch for the weekend?
- Is there a website that you know which has great recipes for healthy food?
- My job is sedentary… What kind of breakfast should I be having?
- Is it healthy to eat the same breakfast every day?
- What is your favorite healthy breakfast that gives you sustained energy and keeps you feeling full until lunch?
- How do I get more veggies for breakfast?