I’ve developed a stretching routine I like over a course of a few months. What I did was watch beginner or intermediate yoga videos to see what moves I liked. Those moves that felt good, but weren’t too tough stuck with me. First I would look at why you’re stretching. I’m stretching to improve flexibility, so my stretches revolve around that. Then, I looked at what I need to most work on. My arms or flexible, but my legs aren’t, so most of my stretched revolve around my legs. Maybe you experience back pain, so searching for stretches to improve your back health would be beneficial. Maybe you just want to stretch in the morning to wake up a bit. In that case you’re routine may only last a few minutes, which is totally fine! I stretch for around 15-20 minutes in the morning, as it’s more of a full yoga routine. I also do my routine on my bed or the floor, sense most of it is on the ground. Then I get up, go to wash up and do a few standing stretching in the bathroom. It may take some time to find moves you like, but don’t get discouraged! Definitely try out some yoga and stretching videos. A lot of my stretches are actually what I used to do in middle school gym class lol!
- What can I do to do my morning exercise every day? Any helpful tips?
- Does just a 30 min walk count as exercise? Also, if a pedometer app like Google Fit says I have walked 30 mins throughout the day but not consecutively, does that count?
- Anyone who hates exercise yet managed to lose some weight for health, what advice can you offer?
- How do I figure out when to do my exercise? I don’t feel like there is a cut out recipe.
- When is the best time to exercise according to science. Before or after a full meal?
- How do you get someone who is experiencing depression to exercise?
- What do I do on days where I don’t feel that I have the energy or willpower to exercise?
- What do you do when you don’t have enough time?
- I have real trouble In being active throughout the day. No excuses, am lazy. How do I not be?
- What kind of exercise do you do?