A clear mind, try focusing on breathing and slowing down thoughts. Meditation is to be calm and relax, so your thoughts should be calm and relax, the same with your breathing! Don’t make your self bored, and try not to worry, you’ll get the hang of it.
Something that would make meditation less boring would be having some form of imagination involved. If you use your creativity to come up with a scenario you can focus on and occupy yourself so you don’t get bored I think that would be beneficial.
I find when I'm indulging in all 5 senses one after the other and staying in one scene until I have a completed moving picture within my mind.
- What kind of meditation do you practice.
- Do you have a meditation guide that you recommend or a particular teacher that you feel is very helpful for a beginner?
- When’s your favorite time of day to meditate?
- What is the best way and when is the best time to meditate
- Do you find guided or unguided meditation helps to clear your mind more?
- Is there a certain position you find that works better? It seems harder to focus when I try to sit super straight.
- Do you prefer guided mediations or just calming sounds? Do you have any tips to make master meditation?
- Can you meditate properly laying down?
- How do you position yourself when you meditate? Do you sit, lie down, or stand?
- What do you visualise when meditating??