I also eat toast with salmon and cheese, and sandwiches with peanut butter. I should probably add some banana, too.
The “sameness” contributes to that feeling of routine.
However, I’ve started to think of the routine as:
2) Natural Sugar
Not only does this help check both boxes of savory and sweet, it also keeps the routine from getting stale (pun intended).
My breakfast recipe:
– Two scrambled eggs and two veggie sausage links (Morning Glory makes really good ones). You can make both of these in the microwave, which helps if you’re at the office early like me.
– A packet of instant oatmeal (preferably unsweetened) with a tablespoon of honey. Again, microwaveable.
– Two slices of toast with a scoop of almond butter on each. Most offices have a toaster.
– Single “Handheld” fruit – banana, apple, orange, etc.
– Small cup of coffee with stevia
Sometimes I eat just the eggs and the oatmeal. Sometimes I eat every part. But giving myself a preselected menu with the mindset of “sweet and salty” keeps it balanced, healthy, and fun.
Good luck on your Fabulous Journey.
Also, whole-milk plain yogurt with fresh fruit (especially blueberries) is another favorite of mine.
You could also try a quick breakfast burrito with a few beans and potatoes, rice or quinoa to change things up.