My evening routine (brushing my teeth, preparing everything i need for the next day, packing my food) helps me disconnecting, although I really struggle not to check my SM profiles while in bed
It’s so easy to disconnect when you’re shopping or out with friends etc. When I want to disconnect at home, I’ll make a list of things I need to do. Cleaning, organizing, errands. Sometimes I’ll even hide my phone, like in my purse, under a pillow, somewhere out of sight.
I’ve found that I need to turn off all notifications so I can relax and calm down without feeling the need to connect. I have learned that nothing is that important that it can’t wait until I’m finished with me time!
Estef Nia P.
Make reading your book your final task of the day- make it your relaxation task. I put my phone onto charge, set my morning alarm then place it face down on the bedside table (on Do Not Disturb mode) so I don’t get tempted by notifications coming through. You can then vanish into your book world then put your book to go to sleep.
Don’t forget the Do Not Disturb feature on your phone! And review what you’re receiving notifications for, from each social media stream. There’ll surely be some guilty pleasures amongst them. Maybe even some surprises!
Just put away the phone. Put it in a drawer or put it in another room. If it’s somewhere else you probably won’t be bothered to go and get it. If this doesn’t work, try putting limits on your phone. I know on an apple phone you can put on screen time which allows you to me limited on either how much time you spend on each app or what times you can spend on your phone.
- I can’t seem to disconnect from Social Media at night.
- I would like to put my phone in another room at night, but I am afraid my mom or daughter might have an emergency in the night and try to call me, and u wouldn’t be able to hear the phone. Is it OK to just turn off WiFi, and maybe plug my phone in on the other side of room by my bed, so I won’t have tibe tempted to turn WiFi back on and look at internet?
- When do you locate your phone at night to recharge so that it is not by your bed but still convenient to check off your morning and evening routines?
- How to stop to use so much my phone !!!!?
- what are some things i can do when i’m disconnecting and unplugging?
- Is having a blue light filter on your phone good enough as not using the phone at all before bed?
- What is the hardest part of “disconnecting” for you?
- Do you have any tips on how to stay focused when you have to use your phone/computer for school work?
- Can anyone conduct their business affairs without a phone with the proper accomodation?
- How do I stop reaching for the phone when I’m eating? It seems to be an unconscious thing I do!