I have access to a gym, and a new bicycle and a great treadmill in the basement. There's no time in the am for those. Once I step out the front door it's easy. I'm trying to notice what gets in the way of the path to getting out the door.
I've had it set in my mind that 6am is wake up time all my life. And 10pm bedtime is hard to make. Usually 11pm is more likely. With a pre teen and 14 yr old, bedtimes are getting later and mornings starting earlier.
A 6am wake up time allows 15min to get out the door before people distractions start. If I get out the door by then, I have an additional 10+ min before I have to be back for the morning routine.
I appreciate this space to think about it.
Or eight minute yoga
The beauty of it is that it is a short time. You are done before you know it and it is completely up to you to decide when you are ready to increase the time as you go. Oh, and in case you didn’t know… YOU ARE AWESOME!
2. Five minutes exercise.
3. Writing down Goals.
4. Writing down top to dos for the day.
5. Reading news.
Really anything that I want to focus on for that day. It could be abs, arms, legs anything really!
it't very simple and can do it indoor..
but the advantage is real..
i think this is the best mosrning exercise for me..
because i need to go to work,,so a light and efficient exercise is the best fit!!
– yoga (sun salutation or following a video — YouTube is great!)
– exercise DVDs. I really like AgingBackwards by Miranda Esmonde-white right now, as it helps a lot with joint pain. In the past I’ve liked dance dvds and Jillian Michaels
– I have the Jillian Michaels app, which has either 30 minute programs or you can pick from shorter more focused videos. I find her stuff very effective, however, if I’m not staying on top of stretching/exercises to improve joint strength I personally very easily over-exert and injure myself
– I like going to group classes, when I’m able to afford them
– going on a walk and listening to an audiobook or a favorite album is nice
– I like the Couch 2 5k running program as it builds up reasonably
– really just whatever you like that gets you moving is great! We have a family friend my grandmother’s age who’s a serious gardner, and she has always had better mobility, strength, stamina, and flexibility that her contemporaries simply because she moves her whole body every day
I hope that helps 🙂
5minute run (<0.5mile)
Weighted jump (great if you have space indoors or don’t even want to get out of ur pjs!)
Sworkit app is a great workout app because you can pick your level and type of workout and how much time you have even if it’s just 5 minutes!
If I have time, I lift some weights or cycle in the garage / neighborhood gym
I do what I can do on a given day depending on my schedule and mood. All that matters is that I do *something*.
The best exercise to do is the one you *will* do!! 🙂
I also do a combination of core work outs. I stand a lot for my job so having a strong core helps my posture. Which helps my overall mood.
10 push ups
5 crunches for the upper part then 5 for the lower part of abdominal
Total time is about 15 mins to 20 minutes for the exercise
Unless I am wearing business casual or business professional, I do not know…that depends on your occupation. Anyhow, the exercises I just performed are known as the Tibetan five rites of rejuvenation. They resemble the Superman in reducing age and keeping me feeling youthful and in peak performance if you know what I mean. ;~)
The five exercise target different core groups of muscles and the aim is that age has been brought on by a slowing down of the rotationary mechanisms within the body. So, without going too much into details, the exercises help speed up the bodily rotations and thereby reduce the visible signs of ageing.
I am wearing my swimming costume as my exercise wear. Mother once taught me to put on exercise clothes to wear overnight as this would help me wake up and feel ready to rock the world. As eight minute exercises, I noticed the Fabulous application does prompt at the console for suggestions. Though, at the moment my Fabulous application does not seem to want to show the letters to read or any exercise videos. I don’t know the reason why…besides the point: Tibetan five rotes of rejuvenation help create a more flexible body.
Any long term exercises that go on for twenty-five minutes help keep the heart rate up as after the exercise, the body continues to metabolize. Fabulous recommends eight minutes for exercise which is roughly how long the Tibetan five rites of rejuvenation goes on for. There are also varieants of the Tibetan five rite exercises for anyone who finds them too strenuous. And there are stretches to work with too.
For example, the first stretch to work on in the Tibetan five rites of rejuvenation are head rolls. I shall be done with the Tibetan five rites of rejuvenation after ten minutes with 21 repetitions of each exercise. Then, I can go swimming for seven to eleven minutes as a warm up to tackling the gymnasium. I’ve already eaten before exercising which helps when one knows what foods to take before exercising or else suffer a stitch. Breakfast foods help me digest before exercising.
After my swim, I’m going to change my clothes into bicycling gear and go bicycling to the university area. It takes me one whole hour to bicycle and I won’t get back home until later tonight. On a Friday, I’ll be lucky that someone gives me and my a bicycle a ride back in the car. After bicycling, during the day I might feel like going for a run as well.
Essentially, Tibetan five rites of rejuvenation are my morning exercise for ten minutes. Then throughout the day I go swimming for fifteen minutes, bicycling for half an hour to forty five minutes and a two hour or one hour run / walk.
- What type of exercises do you prefer in the morning? Do you have examples of quick and simple exercises?
- What’s the best way to reduce the little parts of fat (like cellulite and loose skin) that remain on your body?
- How do you stay motivated when hard work feels like it is not having the desired results?
- What exercise works best for you?
- What’s a good exercise routine you can do in a second level apartment that isn’t too noisy?
- What kind of exercise do you do? And before or after a morning shower?
- How do you make time for exercise? I am in a position where I have to choose between exercising and sleep. I am struggling with this!
- Will you see some changes in your body after doing morning exercises for some time?
- Yes, I was ill 2 weeks, I didn’t want to work out because I felt very tired. I would welcome some advice what to do in this situation.
- When you get up late and all your plans and routines seem broken – what do you do? Do you give up for the day?