I like to start my stretches from a standing position. I do a lot of yoga, so I tend to use a lot of basic poses to stretch. From standing, I like to raise my arms high, straight above my head, slowly reach out to my sides, like a circle, and then slowly bend/fold forward, letting my upper body hang for a few seconds. Then I raise up again, put my hands on my hips, and twist from side to side a few times. Last, I do a few lunges/warrior poses to stretch my legs.
It’s better to stretch twice each part of your body, when you stretch the second time you always can go further than the first one
I like the stretches that get the core moving. Also, I suffer from neck and back strain so the stretches for those are critical for me to make it through my day with less pain.
Getting into any stretch mindfully is best for the entire body just moving through the motions of any stretch will not be beneficial
I think that’s depends on your body and what work should for it. I find child’s pose to be a very good stretch for my body because it stretches my arms and my tight legs. I also like sun salutation— a series of stretches that use the whole body. Warrior 1 and 2 are also good whole body stretches.
- Anybody have a fibro stretch routine ?
- Will it be more enjoyable if you do stretch habit with someone?
- How many times a day do you intentionally stretch?
- How do you do your stretches at work?
- Best way to stretch my lower back?
- Where do you focus your stretching and do you use specific exercises?
- What order do you stretch in? Which body parts do you work with first and/or most?
- What is a good upper back/neck stretch?
- I have severe back pain. I can barely sit with my legs straight, much less lean towards my toes. How can I gently stretch my hamstrings?
- Whats your best stretch pose and how long do you hold it for?