I like to start my stretches from a standing position. I do a lot of yoga, so I tend to use a lot of basic poses to stretch. From standing, I like to raise my arms high, straight above my head, slowly reach out to my sides, like a circle, and then slowly bend/fold forward, letting my upper body hang for a few seconds. Then I raise up again, put my hands on my hips, and twist from side to side a few times. Last, I do a few lunges/warrior poses to stretch my legs.
- When do you think is the best time to stretch?
- Are there any recommendations for stretches that are good for anxiety?
- What are your stretch habits?
- The stretch routine in my morning ritual has defaulted to only 60 seconds long. What’s the right way to try to get value out of only 60 seconds of stretching?
- Do you stretch before activity? If so, do you follow a different strategy for warm up?
It’s better to stretch twice each part of your body, when you stretch the second time you always can go further than the first one
I like the stretches that get the core moving. Also, I suffer from neck and back strain so the stretches for those are critical for me to make it through my day with less pain.
Getting into any stretch mindfully is best for the entire body just moving through the motions of any stretch will not be beneficial
I think that’s depends on your body and what work should for it. I find child’s pose to be a very good stretch for my body because it stretches my arms and my tight legs. I also like sun salutation— a series of stretches that use the whole body. Warrior 1 and 2 are also good whole body stretches.
- Do you find the breaks between exercises to be really short?
- When do you stretch and for how long? Also how do you find routines?
- What do you include in your stretching routine?
- I have noticed that when I stretch I tend to always do the same thing and I get “bored.” Does anyone have any tips on how to stay motivated for stretching?
- Is there a specific routine you follow for stretching? If so, what is it?
- Do you focus on one body part or the whole body?
- What does your stretch routine look like? What do you follow? Or do you have your own routine? If so, what is it?
- How often do you stretch? More than once a day?
- What are the best stretches for the glutes?
- How has stretching helped you so far?