If you stand in almost a squatting position and then rotate your pelvis forward, this will stretch everything in your lower back that usually gets tight after sitting a while or exercise. Make sure when you pull that pelvis in, that you’re holding for a few seconds. That makes a difference!
Downward dog into cobra pose is very good for stretching the lower back. Also being on all fours and doing happy car sad cat where you extend your back up and down is beneficial for your mid back. Finally lying on your back and trying to touch your knee to cross the other side is a great stretch.
- What kind of stretches do you tend to do the most?
- Can I have ideas for stretch for my hips?
- What stretches are best to increase flexibility in the legs? (Goal is to touch floor without bending knees)
- What are some good stretch poses?
- What is the best way to stretch your hamstring?
- Why is stretching important?
- How do you sustain the stretch habit?
- Which is good back stretch exercise?
- What’s your favourite stretching move? Favourite time to stretch?
- How many days would you stretch the same area? Or is there a plan for what areas to stretch in a certain order?