- What is your favorite quick and healthy breakfast? I like overnight oats.
- Is it ok to have brunch for breakfast?
- What do you eat for breakfast and what nutrients do you get from what you eat?
- I used to compete in bodybuilding a few years ago, so I’m really into doing meal preps. But at that time, I always had time to make my breakfast. Now, I’m up at 4 just to be at work by 5:30. I almost always skip breakfast. I am working on making more meal preps and I want to start making some for breakfast – any ideas on what I can make that will actually be good the next morning? Lol
- I would love to find more vegan breakfast options! Still in the process of switching to a complete vegan lifestyle, sometimes I have a bit of a hard time eating something other than cereal!
• EGGS (which is rich in protein) You can cook it in scrambled, sunny side up, omelette.. You name it!
• FRUITS (Banana, apple and avocado can boost one's energy.)
• and OATMEALS!
1. A banana and peanut butter wrapped in a toasted Ole 50 calorie healthy wheat tortilla.
2. Oatmeal with a couple drops of vanilla and fresh fruit.
3. Saute fresh veggies (peppers, onions, mushrooms, etc) and scramble with eggs. This is kind of like a veggie omelette.
Avocado and marmite on toast
Cooked tomatoes on toast
Peanut butter and banana on toast
Granola with berries or banana, seeds and coconut milk
Banana breakfast muffins (homemade and healthy) great for on the go and quick it made before. They keep for 2 weeks in the fridge.
Also another way to go about it, is by not limiting yourself to just "breakfast foods". Not everyone likes breakfast foods so this causes some people to skip breakfast all together. If you are not a breakfast food kind of person, just think of a good meal you like that is healthy and balanced and just eat it for breakfast!
1/2 cup steel cut oats
1/4 cup organic no-sugar coconut flakes
1 tbsp of crushed pecans
1tbsp mixed (chia, flax, hemp seeds)
1tbsp raw unfiltered honey
1/4 tbsp Saigon cinnamon
* mix together and pour as much hot water in as needed for desired thickness, stir until mixed into a thick goopy consistency
I also recently think burger might be a great breakfast. (it has more vegetable compared to traidtional english breakfast, which is OK good~)
The easiest and maybe the most realistic one is omel/cereal + bowling egg.
Yogurt is always good. The best yogurt for your microbiome is homemade (or plain Greek) with honey mixed in.
Overnight soaked oatmeal is delicious with raisins, currants, craisins, whatever you prefer, plus nuts.
Scrambled eggs with goat cheese and sun dried tomatoes or fresh tomatoes with shredded basil or chives on top. (Easier than omelette)
Omelette if you're good cook.
Any scrambled eggs.
Bacon. Can microwave in paper towels.
Frittata with leftover veggies, either raw or cooked
NY Times More veggie than egg frittata
Toast spread with goat cheese drizzled with olive oil with slice of prosciutto spread on top. Garnish of basil leaves optional
If not too rich, Ina Garten baked Brie spread with honey eaten on warmed sliced baguette or toast.
Soft boiled eggs. Boil water. Add eggs directly from fridge set timer 10 minutes. Ready a bowl of ice water. When 10 minutes ladle out eggs with slotted spoon into ice water. Wait another 10 minutes. Easy to peel and perfectly cooked.
British toast soldiers with eggs and ham.
Muffins (with boiled egg)
Savory scone from bakery. Mine has cheddar, chive, bacon scones.
Breakfast place: sausage gravy and buttermilk biscuits
Eggs poached, scrambled, omelette, over easy, sunny side up, etc.
Quail eggs or duck eggs
Ham or bacon, melted cheddar or American cheese, egg sunny side up on bun. (Served in New York City delis)
If you're ok with flavor milled flaxseed in/on any of this is very good for you. Cardio and brain benefits, says my dietician (I had TBIs.)
List is endless. Hope this helps!
Whole-milk Greek yogurt with nuts and berries.
Nature Valley protein bars.
-Throw a sliced pablano in the skillet for a bit. Wrap it in a warmed corn tortilla with some cheese.
Real French bread French toast. Use a bit of olive oil and almond milk in batter. Top with butter and thawed frozen strawberries for a nice treat.
If you have a good blender, make a smoothie with yogurt, greens, beet powder, berry-flavored green powder, berries, banana, apple, carrot, whatever. Do it beforehand, so you can grab a fortifying, tasty to-go meal that will keep you satisfied.
- Need tips on great Indian vegetarian breakfast items.
- Is it ok to eat soba noodle in the morning?
- What tasty breakfast is easy to prepare with lots of protein and veg?
- What is your favorite easy breakfast?
- What is a quick healthy breakfast choice for kids?
- What are some good healthy vegan breakfast ideas to make when I’m short of time in the morning?
- What’s a good upset stomach breakfast?
- I travel a lot for work. Do you have any generic recommendations for breakfast on the road?
- When you are pressed for time in the morning, how do you still have a good breakfast?
- What specifically do you like to make in the morning for breakfast?