My classic breakfast is yogurt with oatmeal and fruit. If you are off dairy, I’d definitely say oatmeal and fruit! The oatmeal will keep you full, and it is so fun to have extra sweetness from fruit. Or try a smoothie based on almond milk! You got this!!
I am not a fan of oatmeal, but I found a wonderful recipe from a blogger named Chocolate Covered Katie. It's called chocolate peanut butter oatmeal and it's my go to breakfast! You can use almond milk, soy milk, rice milk, or whatever milk substitute you have for any recipe! There are a lot of things you can do with oats for breakfast and they're super cheap, especially if you buy them from the bulk section. Dairy free pancakes are also amazing! And you can take just about any simple pancake recipe and use a milk substitute for it and it will still turn out great!
Porridge oats are very cheap and versatile. Porridge can be made with water and/or plant milk, and flavourings can be simple – add half a sliced banana to the pan or stir through a spoonful of jam just before serving. Overnight oats are also good – add fruit (fresh/dried/frozen) and plant milk to a bowl of oats, then leave in the fridge overnight.
1. If you're in a rush eat 🍌 or an 🍎 it keeps you energized for an hour. 2. Fried egg with a little pepper and salt ( a little thyme would make it good too). 3. You can also chop a tomato in a pan and cook it with an egg ( kinda like an easy omelette). 4. Peanut butter (with or without bread). 5. Do NOT use sugary stuff as breakfast it makes you feel full and after a short while you feel tired and very very hungry
- Why is it wrong to skip breakfast? I know people who skip breakfast and actually feel better after skipping breakfast.
- I can eat in the morning, but I’m having a hard time eating before going to work because no matter what time I wake up I feel like I’m always running late. I want to eat before I get to work because I want to eat breakfast within an hour of waking up to start my day off right. How do you do it?
- Is eating breakfast the first or last part of your morning routine?
- How do I start remembering things better and feel comfortable with it?
- What are some yummy add-ins that you like to put in your overnight oats?
- Is caffeine okay, or not recommended?
- What do you have for breakfast as a healthy option?
- I have to get two kids (2 and 3) ready every morning and don’t ever feel like I have time to cook eggs for breakfast. What are some very healthy going-out-the-door recipes that take minimal prep?
- Is it good to run before or after breakfast?
- Any small meals that are filling? I’m not very hungry in the morning and don’t know what to eat.