A blanket, a bed, a chair, a yoga matt 🙂 you don’t need a special pillow to meditate on. The posture is important in meditation (check Dalai Lama’s information on meditation for details) but you can manage very well without a pillow.
I use a collapsible, portable, and adjustable meditation bench called “Kindseat” (available online). It folds up into an easily-stowed package. Because it’s adjustable, I can use it for cross-legged seating or for kneeling.
I bought a small cat bed for these two kittens just got. They don’t use it and it works great for meditating. It just happens to match the design of my area rug. That’s my meditation pillow. Pick one up at pet value.
I meditate on a beanbag, it really helps me find a comfortable position quickly so that I don’t have to waste time finding one. You can get a small one and store it away in a cupboard, under your bed, or any space it will fit, so that you can pull it out whenever you need it.
You can use a meditation 🧘♀️ pillow or you can use a yoga 🧘♀️ mat or a bolster which is kind of like a pillow but instead of the pillow being a circle ⭕️ it is a rectangle but it is a pillow. You can find it anywhere or you can find it on amazon.
I've never used a meditation pillow. I prefer the floor, a chair, bed or yoga mat, but be creative. It's about letting go of your environment and not paying attention to your surroundings. I had a friend who used to sit in a closet, whatever works best for you.
All it takes is a tiny bit of space on a bed, couch, or corner to meditate. Although a pillow nook is sometimes preferred, it isn’t necessary to really meditate. The best pillow for a small apartment would be a flat circular pillow, almost like a small dog bed. Anything else might be too bulky, but this would provide support and simplicity in your meditation.
Hi there 👋 Honestly to tell you the truth I usually just sit on my coach with my back straight relaxed against my coach but what would recommend, and I know this sounds silly, but maybe you could try a small circular dog bed(meant for a small breed of dog) my friend says they work great as a replacement! Maybe even a coach cushion I’ll have to try that out? But I’m sure if you really searched the web you could find a small one?I really hoped this helped! ☺️Hope you have/had a good morning, afternoon or day!🙂
It's not about the tools you use, it's about the meditation. Indian sainths used to do meditation inside caves, under trees, or sitting on top of tiger skin, but most of them were doing meditation by doing daily activities. So I advice to concentrate on meditation activity instead of tools. Have a Fabulous day.
- Do you prefer guided meditation or silence? Why?
- Why do we have to meditate at same time every day?
- Which position do you find works best when practicing meditation?
- What are the kind of meditations you do?
- What is actually the best time to meditate like according to studies and scientists?
- How do I access the visualization meditation? When I am not in the routine how do I go back?
- I always wake up restless, which kind of meditation I should do?
- When you find your mind wandering while meditating, what do your thoughts typically stray to?
- Do you do your morning mediation on the floor or on a chair? Curious about posture…
- What tips do you have for mediation?