I like looking up Fitness Blender’s HIIT at-home workout videos. Usually they show both high impact and low impact options. If you’re concerned about the amount of noise you might make, you can choose the low impact ones.
Mountain climbers, high knees, jumping jacks, squat jumps, burpees. Try working on landing with soft feet, this helps with balance and strength.
Running in place is always a good way to get the heart racing. Sideways skating as well. These can be do e in small spaces and work great.
Burpees is a good home cardio exercise as far as you do it on the carpet. Implement jumping jacks, mountain climbers, weighted squat to shoulder press (if dumbbell not available – any weight is alright).
Shadow boxing or climbing Up/down the stairs. I have a mini rebounder which is fun and great exercise. Mine folds so I pack it away after use. You do need high ceilings though.
There are some amazing YouTube videos for apartment/hotel workouts! I spend a lot of time in hotels because I travel for work and I don’t always have gym access. A cardio workout that doesn’t involve jumping around – no room and I don’t want to upset the neighbours – is essential! If you want something a bit more structured than YouTube there’s a website called Boxx which is paid for but also has a whole section for apartment/hotel cardio sessions.
- What is your celebration when you complete a habit or a ritual?
- How can I improve my motivation???
- How do you find time to work out especially if you have a very demanding job?
- Is it okay to break your routine during holidays?
- Do you incorporate strength training into your routine?
- What makes you push harder with your exercises when you or body feels like your ready to quit?
- How do you get yourself motivated to go to the gym in the morning/after work?
- Run with or without music? Why?
- How do you stay consistent with this app, and not make it feel like a chore?
- What are your 3 favorite songs to dance to?