1) plain yoghurt with fresh vanilla or a bit of vanilla essence
2) handful of mixed nuts
3) eggs, scrambled, boiled or poached
4) oatmeal mixed with sugar free multi-grain powder
5) goji berry and red date tea to replace coffee
Ruby red grapefruit halved (a recent favorite) and scored with a knife and a teaspoon digs out the sections. Add a few blueberries or pomegranate seeds for interest!
I think fruit needs to be alone in the stomach to digest properly so prep some oatmeal topped with walnuts or roasted pumpkin seeds. I add flax meal. I like to add some ghee for more satiety!
Oatmeal with blueberries
Whole wheat English muffin, over easy egg, spinach, and cottage cheese
Strawberry, banana chocolate protein shake
Turkey sausage, tomatoes, spinach, egg white omelette
Strawberries, blueberries, plain Greek yogurt, and walnuts
Avocado, oat bread, prosciutto
– one coffee without sugar + one tablespoon of milk
150g yogurt (2% fat)
1 tablespoon peanut butter
100g fruits (blueberries, apples, pears or whatever you want)
- Why is it wrong to skip breakfast? I know people who skip breakfast and actually feel better after skipping breakfast.
- I can eat in the morning, but I’m having a hard time eating before going to work because no matter what time I wake up I feel like I’m always running late. I want to eat before I get to work because I want to eat breakfast within an hour of waking up to start my day off right. How do you do it?
- Is eating breakfast the first or last part of your morning routine?
- How do I start remembering things better and feel comfortable with it?
- What are some yummy add-ins that you like to put in your overnight oats?
- Is caffeine okay, or not recommended?
- What do you have for breakfast as a healthy option?
- I have to get two kids (2 and 3) ready every morning and don’t ever feel like I have time to cook eggs for breakfast. What are some very healthy going-out-the-door recipes that take minimal prep?
- Is it good to run before or after breakfast?
- Any small meals that are filling? I’m not very hungry in the morning and don’t know what to eat.