- What do you do to improve your posture when meditating?
- Is it beneficial to meditate lying down, or do I need to be sitting? Due to a disability I have very poor circulation and I find that sitting still always leads to having a limb or two fall asleep.
- How do you observe your breathing without controlling it?
- What time of day do you find meditation most refreshing or invigorating?
- I wonder if there are others who have trouble visualizing, while meditating? Is yes, can you do it now? If yes, what did you do that allowed you to visualize? I am so frustrated! TIA.
Recently, I switched to the Insight Timer and I love the thousands of different meditations and mindfulness courses on there. I love it! I have found the variety the most valuable part of the app for me. I also love the timer function with adjustable singing bowl sounds.
When I dont want any kind of guided meditation but need a background sound I use the My Noise app. Best sounds ever, curated by a sound engineer. You can access his collections for free on the web at mynoise.net or a simpler version of his sound generators at Calmyleon.
Good luck and peaceful meditation to you.
Mindbliss, let's meditate and insight timer… I find that these offer a wide range of meditations … you can choose the content, the length the type of meditation to suit your needs for that particular moment… mindbliss and insight timer offer journeys that allow you to start with one meditative theme and improve upon this… Some meditation are pure sounds or chanting whilst others are affirmations, still others are fully or partly guided and others just ask you to sit still and listen. I used to think that meditation was sitting in an awkward position and having a totally quiet mind but it definitely is not the case… Anyway I suggest that you give the aforementioned apps a try n see if they are a good fit with you… Happy meditation 😊
- How much time does it take to make meditation a habit?
- How do you meditate when you’re not in the spiritual mood and nothing feels connective?
- What is meditation definition?
- What are different ways of improving focus while I am studying? Can meditation help me in this?
- What does meditation mean?
- Can l meditate lying down?
- What does meditation do?
- Should I meditate in silence or with peaceful music?
- What are some of your difficulties with meditation and how do you cope with them/maintain focus?
- How to not get into sleep