Recently, I switched to the Insight Timer and I love the thousands of different meditations and mindfulness courses on there. I love it! I have found the variety the most valuable part of the app for me. I also love the timer function with adjustable singing bowl sounds.
When I dont want any kind of guided meditation but need a background sound I use the My Noise app. Best sounds ever, curated by a sound engineer. You can access his collections for free on the web at mynoise.net or a simpler version of his sound generators at Calmyleon.
Good luck and peaceful meditation to you.
Mindbliss, let's meditate and insight timer… I find that these offer a wide range of meditations … you can choose the content, the length the type of meditation to suit your needs for that particular moment… mindbliss and insight timer offer journeys that allow you to start with one meditative theme and improve upon this… Some meditation are pure sounds or chanting whilst others are affirmations, still others are fully or partly guided and others just ask you to sit still and listen. I used to think that meditation was sitting in an awkward position and having a totally quiet mind but it definitely is not the case… Anyway I suggest that you give the aforementioned apps a try n see if they are a good fit with you… Happy meditation 😊
- How do you feel after meditation?
- How do you meditate well through illness or feeling pain? I find I struggle to breathe gently if I’m snuffling with a heavy cold and find it difficult to find peaceful calm in the face of persistent pain. Does anyone have strategies for meditating through these sort of challenges?
- Do you feel that meditation helps you?
- When do you find it easier to meditate: early in the day or to help wind down at night?
- How does one move from guided meditations to self directed meditation?
- How do I suppose to feel when meditate?
- How often do you recommend meditation?
- Best application to help me meditate?
- What part of meditation is your favorite?
- How do you motivate yourself to accomplish your habits when you’re busy?