Recently, I switched to the Insight Timer and I love the thousands of different meditations and mindfulness courses on there. I love it! I have found the variety the most valuable part of the app for me. I also love the timer function with adjustable singing bowl sounds.
When I dont want any kind of guided meditation but need a background sound I use the My Noise app. Best sounds ever, curated by a sound engineer. You can access his collections for free on the web at mynoise.net or a simpler version of his sound generators at Calmyleon.
Good luck and peaceful meditation to you.
Mindbliss, let's meditate and insight timer… I find that these offer a wide range of meditations … you can choose the content, the length the type of meditation to suit your needs for that particular moment… mindbliss and insight timer offer journeys that allow you to start with one meditative theme and improve upon this… Some meditation are pure sounds or chanting whilst others are affirmations, still others are fully or partly guided and others just ask you to sit still and listen. I used to think that meditation was sitting in an awkward position and having a totally quiet mind but it definitely is not the case… Anyway I suggest that you give the aforementioned apps a try n see if they are a good fit with you… Happy meditation 😊
- What is the actual process of meditation? What should I actually do during Meditation? What should I think about?
- Hey fabulous people do find it best to meditate first thing in the morning ?
- What specific skill is most important in meditation?
- What is in your mind when you meditate?
- What do you do to get back in the groove when you’re interrupted while meditating?
- Could you meditate after school?
- What is the difference between mind voice and intuition voice? How to make a difference between them?
- Summer is pretty much here where I live- kids schedule changes pretty dramatically and there are usually family and friend events that need a lot of planning and dedication towards which throws me off my work schedule and even my daily routine and rituals. How do you all stay on track with your daily routine and work schedule when summer comes and kids and family schedules change ?
- Please how do I meditate? What’s the procedure?
- What are some common thoughts you have that are resistant to meditating? How do you cope with them, both during meditation and not?