Floss stick. Easier to do so less daunting. Easier to get to the back of your mouth without scratching up your hand. More effective and cleaning the gums and reaching hard to reach places.
I don’t have floss picks so I can’t answer on this question from my experience. If you don’t have problems with regular floss, just keep flossing, otherwise try picks too.
I’ve been told by my dentist in the past that the old fashion way of flossing is still best because the floss pick is just reusing the same plaque covered string for all of your teeth, so it’s not exactly all clean.
I like floss picks the best because they make it easier to reach all of my teeth. I asked my dentist which is best and she said both are good and whichever I’m more comfortable using is best.
I prefer old fashioned as I am able to use as much as I like and I find it easier to floss in this manner. I find floss picks too restrictive and frankly quite wasteful.
It really doesn’t matter. The important thing is buying the kind you will actually use. The picks are more convenient and can even be used with only one hand.
- How do you motivate yourself through the first days when flossing is painful?
- When is the best time to floss. Before or after brushing?
- So I put flossing on my list because I tend to forget to floss the most, and not only that but when creating a routine, a habitual routine at that – then it must entail creating a list of healthy habits that you are not used to doing every single day. Like I said I forget to floss alot so does any one else put flossing in their morning routine? (also I’m new at this app so please let me know if I’am using it incorrectly.) I have to ask because I got a sarcastic shithead asking me if I carry floss around in my bag-that kind of crap please keep to yourself.
- Is it better to floss before or after you brush your teeth?
- How long does it take for your gums to go back to normal once you start routinely flossing?
- What do you prefer, flossing picks or flossing thread?
- How often do you really floss?
- Is it okay to only floss once a day?
- Do you floss in the morning or at night?
- Do you find that there are some teeth that always have particles stuck in them? And, if so, do you spend more time brushing that area?