You should probably floss before brushing your teeth. When you get cleanings done at the dentist they usually floss before they clean your teeth. Brusing after flossing will also help get rid of any plaque clumps that are left from the flossing.
I feel like flossing before brushing because all the clutter that is flushed between the teeth will go away when brushed after.
The research says flossing after you brush is best! The toothbrush dislodges most of the junk, then your floss does the rest.
Before brushing. Flossing for a few minutes will loosen debris and brushing immediately afterwards will remove any remaining debris.
Floss first, then you brush. Flossing cleans between the teeth, and brushing cleans not only the teeth but also removes any remnants left over from the flossing
I always brush first with a excellent electric toothbrush following the quadrant timers. I brush twice a day but I only floss in the morning after brushing. I see my dental hygienist every six months and she always complements me on how perfect my mouth looks
- What floss techniques and tools do you use?
- Anyone noticing improvement with how their teeth feel?
- What time of the day is best for flossing?
- How often do you floss?
- Are floss picks better than the floss alone?
- Do you floss once or twice a day? 🙂
- Is there any eco friendly floss?
- What do you use to floss? I feel like floss strings always slip through my hands and toothpicks are too big.
- When you floss do you need a distraction? Ex. Watching tv or playing music?
- What keeps you from flossing?