When my week is up, I allow myself one day to rest entirely. Allow yourself to heal, then get back to the gym.
Doctors advise 30 minutes of activity a day for 5 days, but more if you are trying to loose weight or maintain weight loss.
However daily morning exercise is known to "boost up" your day and get the "zing" going for you.
That does not mean that you have to start off with a 30 minutes a day gym routine.
Start small and build up .
But being regular is the key.
But don't be intimidated. Exercise comes in many forms. The simplest to me is walking. I like to start each day with a morning walk of at least one mile. This helps clear my head and literally and figuratively gets me moving forward.
Give it a shot and see how you feel. The earlier the better.
- What is your favourite exercise?
- How do you get yourself to stick to your routine when your schedule is altered?
- What are the best exercises that you can do from home and take up minimal space?
- What are some more exercises to activate the core?
- What’s your go-to workout when you have 10 minutes?
- How do you get through depression?
- What is the lowest barrier form of exercise or activity that gets you moving on days when you feel too tense, too busy, or inversely too lazy to break a sweat?
- What are your at-home essentials for working out?
- What changes did you make in your diet to support your exercise routine?
- I recently tore the meniscus in both knees and it cut out my entire exercise routine. I can’t stand, walk, or bend my knees more than slightly. What can I do for exercise?