Eating after exercising is fine – you‘ll likely be hungry afterwards but, again, stick to protein-rich foods to enhance results and, in general, try to avoid fatty foods before and after exercising!
Hope I could help 🙂
I usually just have water and coffee before I work out, and then a larger meal after.
Usually I eat at 3 then exercise at 6
If I was feeling hungry after the exercise I drink water and eat a banana or any kind of fruit
And I convince myself that I am fulfilled and that is enough for today
Because I ate a good breakfast and good lunch that can provide me enough power and the only thing I need is hydration
This isn’t medical advice though and your GP is bound to know what’s best.
In my case, When I was younger, I woke up STARRRRVING in the morning and would feel queasy if I didn’t eat right away. If I tried to exercise without eating I’d get faint!
Now I’m 38 and my health has gone downhill, and if I try to exercise after eating I’ll get heartburn, feel like it’s going to come back up, all kinds of unpleasant.
So what I do now is, I wake up, I have my glass of water, then I’ll have something very light and small. Just a few sips of a nutritional shake. Just to coat the grumbly tummy. Then I do my exercise, then eat.
My suggestion is to try it one way and try it the other way and see which works better. Listen to your body and make modifications as you go if needed.
- What are some healthy breakfast options?
- How do you keep motivated to practice a habit when there is someone who pokes fun at you?
- Any ideas for exercises that I can do in the morning in the bathroom before taking a shower?
- How do you make the exercise feel good, and not feel like a chore? Even if it’s just for 5 minutes in the morning.
- Does anyone have any suggestions for routines? Apps you use or how you make up your own?
- I see the app working for me. I am now recommending it to every person looking for a way to break a bad habit. What are some ways you’ve motivated your peers to build better habits with you?
- How do you not fall asleep when trying to meditate first thing in the morning?
- Where do you run into trouble when trying to keep an excercise habit up? How do you get through it?
- What do you do to halt cravings? Mine are mostly for bread and for sweets.
- I’d love to hear about other great workout programs people have tried that kept them motivated and felt and saw a noticeable difference.