Gum Disease is tied in directly with heart disease and our gums are very close to our brains. Certain things seem trivial and need great care and a qualified professional. As silly as it may sound, you really should talk to your dentist.
- When’s the best time of the day to floss your teeth?
- What do you use to floss?
- Does using mouthwash increase the benefits of brushing and flossing?
- How do you keep up the good flossing habit, like for example, when you come home from dinner/event/party and it’s late and all you want to do is fall into bed and go to sleep? Thanks.
- Do you floss before brushing or after brushing?
Yes. My filling fell out this morning, and I can't help but feel partially responsible because I don't take care of my teeth. Don't be like me, brush every day and floss twice a day.
I think just at night is fine. Thats what dentists have told me. I dont know all thr theory behind that, but I only floss at night, and my teeth havent fallen out yet XD XD XD
You could of course, but when you do it at night before going to bed, your teeth and gums have time to recover while you sleep. You could repeat this after breakfast and lunch of course. But I gather night time is the most important one.
A dental hygienist told me that being consistent with timing is more important than the timing itself. I like to do it before bed because it means I clean out a bunch of bacteria before my mouth is going to be closed for a long stretch of time
I am still working on flossing at all to be honest,however,if I had to give my input on what the best Routine would be…I floss my teeth every evening to get off all of the days worth of plaque.
- Is it really helpful to have the floss habit?
- What are the benefits of flossing? But I mean, visible ones. I’ve not been flossing for more then 10 years and nothing happened.
- Do you have a travel floss?
- Does having a scented floss actually do anything?
- What flossing tools can I use to keep from damaging my gums? Mint dental floss sticks between my teeth and is hard to use. Any suggestions for good alternative ways to floss?
- Are you supposed to floss after every meal? How do you do that if you aren’t home?
- How to I get in to the habit of flossing again?
- Do you think flossing is important? If you don’t or do, why so?
- It doesn’t hurt your teeth to floss more than once a day, right?
- Do you recommend any particular type of floss for teeth with wide gaps between them?