Can also substitute blended tofu and nutritional yeast for eggs
If smoothies/shakes aren’t your thing, try oatmeal. I like plain rolled oats, a tablespoon of raw honey, crushed nuts (almonds, peanuts, etc), fruit (banana or apple slices usually), sometimes I’ll add a bit of organic maple syrup for taste, and spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, clove, etc). You can also put your oatmeal on top of non fat Greek yogurt to get more calcium.
If you eat eggs those are good for protein and you can put a hard boiled egg over avocado on toast. I like flax seed toast, and I like to mash my avocado and sprinkle a little salt pepper and garlic on them. This also works with scrambled eggs.
If you’re not down with eggs try JUST Eggs – completely plant based.
2. Any type of low carb crackers with cream cheese and arugula/spinach
3. Avocado & corn toast
4. Almond milk & healthy cereal
5. Vanilla yoghurt with raspberries and blueberries + crushed walnuts (or any type of nuts you like)
6. My personal favorite: veggie sausages with scrambled eggs and a side of vegetables, cucumber, tomato, soft carrots
7. Banana, almond milk and nuts smoothie (very yummy)
8. Yoghurt with banana, berries and muesli
9. Healthy sandwich: low carb bread, avocado, cucumber, lettuce, (optional: egg & tomatoes)
10. Mini breakfast salad: avocado, hard boiled egg, chickpeas, corn, cucumber, lettuce/arugula, cherry tomatoes and olive oil.
- Why is it wrong to skip breakfast? I know people who skip breakfast and actually feel better after skipping breakfast.
- I can eat in the morning, but I’m having a hard time eating before going to work because no matter what time I wake up I feel like I’m always running late. I want to eat before I get to work because I want to eat breakfast within an hour of waking up to start my day off right. How do you do it?
- Is eating breakfast the first or last part of your morning routine?
- How do I start remembering things better and feel comfortable with it?
- What are some yummy add-ins that you like to put in your overnight oats?
- Is caffeine okay, or not recommended?
- What do you have for breakfast as a healthy option?
- I have to get two kids (2 and 3) ready every morning and don’t ever feel like I have time to cook eggs for breakfast. What are some very healthy going-out-the-door recipes that take minimal prep?
- Is it good to run before or after breakfast?
- Any small meals that are filling? I’m not very hungry in the morning and don’t know what to eat.