Gentle exercise wont injure you and warms muscles. Strenuous activity could is bad. Depends on exercise if warm up is really necessary but never cold to heavy
I think a warm up vs stretching is helpful especially when it's cold. I feel I stay injury free when I routinely stretch (or do yoga), but not necessarily after a workout.
There are reasons to stretch before and after a workout. Your stretches before should be movement based and combined with your warmup, these are called dynamic stretches. They help protect your joints before the workout. Your stretches after can be longer and deeper as part of your cooldown, these are called static stretches and they help with increasing overall flexibility. I recommend looking up a few of each type (dynamic and static) and incorporating them as part of a complete workout which should include a warmup and a cooldown phase anyways.
You can warm yourself up to the real stretch – by stretching! If you're not warm don't push, relax key bits of your body. The important rule is not to overstretch before exercise, which would mean that your joints can operate outside their normal strong range and this could easily result in injury. So stretching before strenuous exercise should be limited to 10seconds per stretch.
I’ve heard that ‘dynamic stretching’ is good for before exercising and the proper static stretches are better once you’ve warmed up, so maybe you could try that? I’m no expert though.
When you want to stretch it better to get a little warm, maybe a small jog. Not too intense. But also remember to stretch after a workout to release stress in your muscles and prevent aching in following days.
This is true. Though in my experience, it depends on the stretch too. If it's very strenuous then better stretch only after you've warmes up, otherwise stretching right away should be okay (just don't force anything too much, especially when it's cold!)
It also depends on experience. If you frequently stretch, after stretching for a while you probably can handle stretching 'cold' too.
- What type of exercises do you prefer in the morning? Do you have examples of quick and simple exercises?
- What’s the best way to reduce the little parts of fat (like cellulite and loose skin) that remain on your body?
- How do you stay motivated when hard work feels like it is not having the desired results?
- What exercise works best for you?
- What’s a good exercise routine you can do in a second level apartment that isn’t too noisy?
- What kind of exercise do you do? And before or after a morning shower?
- How do you make time for exercise? I am in a position where I have to choose between exercising and sleep. I am struggling with this!
- Will you see some changes in your body after doing morning exercises for some time?
- Yes, I was ill 2 weeks, I didn’t want to work out because I felt very tired. I would welcome some advice what to do in this situation.
- When you get up late and all your plans and routines seem broken – what do you do? Do you give up for the day?