There are many different things meditation can be for. But it really depends on what you want to achieve through meditation.
Meditation is more about trying to really be in touch with your body and your breath putting you in a calming but conscious state. It’s okay if you have thoughts during meditation you should take the time to acknowledge them, but then refocus your attention on breathing to recenter. It’s also perfectly normal to go into some meditations wanting to focus on something and take some distraction free time to think or reflect. I think as long as you are focusing on yourself you can’t really do meditation wrong, as long as you do what feels good for you.
For me, it is more about not focusing on something specific, but more of focusing on being present in the current moment. It is about letting go, freeing your mind, and enjoying the beauty of the stillness, the calmness, and the quietness that this time brings to your self.
- What music should I meditate to and for how long??😇
- What is your favorite spot to meditate?
- Do you use mantras while you meditate? And if so, which ones work well for you?
- What is the easiest way to get rid of a distracted mind during meditation?
- What is the best way to meditate? It is best to have a longer time limit or start with a slower time limit?
- Is it bad that I don’t try to be present? I can very easily get focused on my body and senses so it’s not like I can’t be present. It’s just most of the time I use meditation as a way to jump start my mind to create and focusing on my breath doesn’t really did that. It’s like the meditation is a travel agent setting my mind off so I can follow where it goes.
- How long do you tend to mediate for each day?
- Do you have any fun meditation techniques, that makes meditation fun and motivating to do?
- I struggle keeping myself concentrated with meditation, how can I overcome that? Thx
- What apps do you use for meditating?