I like the stick ones better. They are easier to just grab and get it done. And can take up more space in my nighttime caddy in the bathroom so I can’t ignore or forget very easily. Though I hate the plastic waste every time I do it.
I just regular floss because I can’t fit my hand in the back of my mouth to use the handle! It’s also cheaper and greener.
I have used them in the past because they are more convenient. However, they are more costly and have an exponentially greater strain on our environment.
I know flossing is important. Therefore using something that makes it more likely you actually will floss daily is more important than which kind.
If you would equally use both, I’d say just floss is more ecologically sound. Less plastic waste.
Personally I use standard floss if only because it’s less waste and more cost effective for me. The picks are convenient in a pinch or getting to the back molars but it’s not enough for me to switch. You can buy a handle to put standard floss in to make it pick style if that works better for you. I got one from my dentist and it works great for my brother.
I use both.. the old school one is easier to bring with me in I’m traveling.. and more ecologic ..but the “handle “ is easy to use and very fast
- Does it matter how many times I use floss a day?
- What is flossing correcy way or meyjods?
- Does minty floss have more chemicals than regular?
- Do you know the best method for flossing your tooth?
- How do I stay motivated to floss late at night?
- do you use the floss habit as a reminder to brush your teeth or a reminder to actually floss? i’m not american (i know you guys floss like no other and i wish i was like that) and i have these retainer braces?things? like just a wire behind my teeth and cant use the thread ((and also depression which means struggling to take care of personal hygiene at times so i need reminders to brush my teeth…))
- Why do I need to floss my teeth? How can it help?
- Does anyone floss multiple times a day?
- How long does it take before starting a flossing routine does not hurt anymore?
- For drinking water in the morning, we left a cup of water on the counter overnight. What can you do to prompt flossing for the next morning?