There are more time options for deep work sessions under the deep work page. I’ll use the time I have available to me but 25 min usually gives me time to do many small tasks or 1 30 min task.
Not really. You need the half an hour to get going, but I suppose you could always do more. It's actually a distraction to get stopped after 30 mins
I always assumed 25 minutes was a suggested minimum for Deep Work. I try to tell myself that even if I’m tired, I can focus for 25 minutes. I think running over is a good thing (assuming it doesn’t make you miss an important appointment or something).
It's not a hard and fast limitation but a reminder for me to set aside at least 25 minutes a day to work. It's about building the habit of getting me at my dsssk and info the zone.some days I stay longer, but it's about doing something everyday.
- How to focus and not get distracted
- I sometimes feel guilt when I do not do something creative or productive. Is it ok to just lay in bed some days?
- What kind of stuff do you work on? Sometimes I dont know what to do!
- How do I stay motivated with all that is going on right now?
- How do you get ready to start work ?
- How to mansge time? I find hard to stick to the time to finish a task. Almost like it gives me stress
- What should you do if you are distracted frequently?
- For me, it is hard to find the perfect place for my deep work session. I’m easily distracted by sounds in my surrounding, but there’s isn’t really a place in my house where I can sit alone. Especially now during the Corona crisis… What should I try?
- How do you stay consistent with your routine and productivity level every single day?
- How do you get back on track if you start off distracted early in your work period. Some days I work really well, but I want some ideas on how to reset and self correct on days that aren’t going well.