I always assumed 25 minutes was a suggested minimum for Deep Work. I try to tell myself that even if I’m tired, I can focus for 25 minutes. I think running over is a good thing (assuming it doesn’t make you miss an important appointment or something).
- How can you sit down to do a task with focus?
- Do you find it easier setting the reminder timers or is it better to just do each routine at specific time in the day as my shift are unpredictable and it’s hard to have a set start and end to my day?
- Music or no music? 🙂
- I have a mechanical timer ⏲. Pomodoro. It’s part of me, I like to work with it. I love its loud ringing when pomodoro is up. The problem is I can only use it at home for it would scare my peers at work. Are there some silent mechanical tools for pomodoro technique and deep work sessions?
- How do you make sure the distractions you noted down this time won’t happen again?
It's not a hard and fast limitation but a reminder for me to set aside at least 25 minutes a day to work. It's about building the habit of getting me at my dsssk and info the zone.some days I stay longer, but it's about doing something everyday.
Not really. You need the half an hour to get going, but I suppose you could always do more. It's actually a distraction to get stopped after 30 mins
There are more time options for deep work sessions under the deep work page. I’ll use the time I have available to me but 25 min usually gives me time to do many small tasks or 1 30 min task.
- Is being sincere any way wrong. Is working hard wrong. Should we be careless. Should we do work perfectly or imperfectly? Should we take responsibility or not? Because people who take responsibility are sincere and hardworking but people who are careless, poor, irresponsible are environment friendly. Am I right or not?
- Once I have finished a deep work session of any length, I take a short break. However, I struggle to get back into that deep work state afterwards. Any tips for re-engaging with work after a break?
- How do you commit to your habit and able to do a deep work, without pause?
- What helps you prepare for a deep work session? Things that help you look forward to doing this daily?
- Do you stop deep work when time is up or keep going as long as your in the flow?
- How do you ensure high quality work?
- What does deep work mean for you?
- What do you do to ensure that you stay focused?
- Should I increase my focus time past 25 mins or just keep blocking it out while taking 5 min breaks in between?
- Which tasks do you choose to work on when you’re completing the deep work exercise?