If you are at a 200-300 calorie deficit in an attempt to lose weight then 30 minutes of cardiovascular exercise 4 times a week is enough to burn fat, but you will also be losing a little bit of muscle mass (you can limit the amount of muscle mass lost by increasing your protein intake, but you'll still be losing some muscle). If you are trying to lose weight that's a good thing. However, if you consume 200-300 hundred EXTRA calories a day in an effort to gain muscle mass then 30 minutes of weight lifting (or body weight exercises) 4 times a week is enough for you to gain some muscle mass, but you will also be gaining a small amount of fat.
I'm short, exercising for 30 minutes 4 times a week is very beneficial. It's enough to lose fat in a healthy way OR gain some healthy muscle mass depending on the type of exercises you are doing and your caloric intake. However, it's physiologically impossible to simultaneously build muscle and lose fat.
- What do you do as a daily exercise? Do you go to the gym every day or combine it with at-home workouts?
- I’m curious about reading habits of you guys(or ladies). How do you manage to read a whole book? Do you spend whole days on your free time to read everything at once? Or do you bring the book with you wherever you go and read it little by little? Or do you set a certain time every day for reading?
- What are fun strength training exercises?
- I can’t sprint or run because of this surgery but I can walk briskly and ride a bike so that’s what I’m trying to keep up with. Is this okay to replace for sprinting?
- Any preferred workout methods for building muscle/core strength with a bad back/pain?
- Hi I’m 11 years old and I want to get rid of the extra fat in my stomach and thighs please help.
- What do you do when you don’t see the sense of an exercise?
- How do you find motivation when you don’t want to exercise?
- How do you motivate yourself to exercise? And how often do you do it?
- How do you set your evening routine? I managed to do so in the morning, but I feel my reward is to relax when I get back from work. And I need to have a more productive routine before going to sleep.