If this doesn’t help, go to a study place where you have to be silent and where it’s usual to not take any devices with you.
But if you think like, I can better study if I watch YouTube or Netflix, just do it then. Do what’s best for you. For me, it’s ‘wrong’ to watch YouTube or Netflix while studying, but my sister, for example, can concentrate even more when she watch YouTube or Netflix. Just try different things and do what’s best for you. I know you can do it!
Recently I’ve limited my social media till after 8pm. Just started this last week and I actually forgot to check FB on Friday and Saturday. That’s a miracle for me. So maybe try to limit your time on Netflix and YouTube.
Also, I will pick a Netflix movie and only watch it when I’m exercising or folding clothes. So you accomplish something while you watch.
Finally, I set a timer for 15, 10, or 5 minutes and do something productive until the timer goes off. I really try to do 15 minute increments. I tell myself I can stop and do something fun when timer dings. Most times I’m willing to reset the timer 3 more times. Then after an hour I take a 15 minute break. Maybe you could use that as your YouTube break. After awhile it gets easier.
- How do you deal with guilt and shame when you really want to get out of bed and get everything done but you physically are not able because you need the sleep in order to recover from the previous day? This usually happens to me when I have a day off and need to use it to meet upcoming deadlines and catchup on things.
- How about you? What are you learning?
- What is your study schedule?
- What do you do when u can’t seem to focus?
- How can you come over procrastinations?
- How do I stay focused when I’m studying?
- If you have kids,what time do you prefer to learn?
- How do you best schedule your studying/classwork and avoid burning out and getting distracted?
- How can i stop random moments of self doubt/ random moments of feeling insecure?
- Do you have a way to focus when you don’t want to study and/or learn?