Personally I find meditating right after exercising early in the morning (around 5:30-6am) helpful for having more awareness. Doing it after exercising ensures that you won't fall asleep again and will be awake. Also the awake posture and sitting position is important and helps you to have more attention.
Hope this helps. Love.
Tips for regaining focus while meditating that have worked for me is (1) do short meditations – about 5 minutes – a few times a day instead of one long session, (2) develop a mantra ("Peace, be still" is mine) to recite while meditating, especially when your mind starts to wander, and (3) be kind to yourself when you you find your focus drifting because we all struggle from time to time.
I hope this helps! Take care and happy meditating 😊
Good luck 🙂
Exercising at the end of the day will help balance body and mind. I find I exhaust my thoughts while exercising so that there is less to ponder on.
Running/walking works well.
There is a great app called Headspace which helps you you to meditate: talks you through how to focus on breathing and put aside certain thoughts. Keep trying and eventually you'll get used to focusing on your meditation
- When meditating should I do it in the same place every time or do it where it’s best?
- How many hours a day do you meditate?
- How do you make sure you meditate every morning?
- What do you think are the disadvantages of meditating with ambient music?
- What to think while meditating?
- What changes did you see after practicing meditation in your personal and professional life? What time do you find is the best for doing it?
- What do you struggle with during meditation?
- When do you meditate? In the morning or before you go to sleep? I often feel like I’m falling asleep when I do it at night and that’s not it’s purpose.
- Do you prefer guided meditation or silent?
- I found myself dozing off during meditation, I try to use a meditation app but if I’m sleepy, it’s not going to work. Any suggestions?