If you exercise in the morning it gets out of the way, you feel energetic and it’s a big accomplishment for the rest of day. Exercising makes you happy, elevates heart rate for the rest of the day, and if you exercise in a fasting mode you also are depleting body’s energy instead of the food one.
If you exercise in the evening, your heart reta is elevated during the day so it might be easier way with cardio. It helps to use up extra energy you have left, might relax you and help to wind down. It’s important to left enough time before to sleep otherwise you might have difficulties falling asleep. It’s best to choose something relaxing/low impact if you exercise right before sleep time.
The most important is not when you do it, but that you do it. There are many variables in life so as long as you do your workout it will be effective either way.
I hope it helps.
I do it before breakfast is because after breakfast I have to let the food digest and that will take time. When I start doing yoga, it’s already sometime into the middle of the morning. In order to have a block of time to do other things, I choose to do yoga in the early morning. Also I found, right after bed, the body is more stiff so it’s good to have a stretch.
For bedtime yoga, I found a little bit of stretching to enhance the muscles and then relax the muscles, I will sleep better.
- What type of exercises do you prefer in the morning? Do you have examples of quick and simple exercises?
- What’s the best way to reduce the little parts of fat (like cellulite and loose skin) that remain on your body?
- How do you stay motivated when hard work feels like it is not having the desired results?
- What exercise works best for you?
- What’s a good exercise routine you can do in a second level apartment that isn’t too noisy?
- What kind of exercise do you do? And before or after a morning shower?
- How do you make time for exercise? I am in a position where I have to choose between exercising and sleep. I am struggling with this!
- Will you see some changes in your body after doing morning exercises for some time?
- Yes, I was ill 2 weeks, I didn’t want to work out because I felt very tired. I would welcome some advice what to do in this situation.
- When you get up late and all your plans and routines seem broken – what do you do? Do you give up for the day?