If you exercise in the morning it gets out of the way, you feel energetic and it’s a big accomplishment for the rest of day. Exercising makes you happy, elevates heart rate for the rest of the day, and if you exercise in a fasting mode you also are depleting body’s energy instead of the food one.
If you exercise in the evening, your heart reta is elevated during the day so it might be easier way with cardio. It helps to use up extra energy you have left, might relax you and help to wind down. It’s important to left enough time before to sleep otherwise you might have difficulties falling asleep. It’s best to choose something relaxing/low impact if you exercise right before sleep time.
The most important is not when you do it, but that you do it. There are many variables in life so as long as you do your workout it will be effective either way.
I hope it helps.
I do it before breakfast is because after breakfast I have to let the food digest and that will take time. When I start doing yoga, it’s already sometime into the middle of the morning. In order to have a block of time to do other things, I choose to do yoga in the early morning. Also I found, right after bed, the body is more stiff so it’s good to have a stretch.
For bedtime yoga, I found a little bit of stretching to enhance the muscles and then relax the muscles, I will sleep better.
- What are some healthy breakfast options?
- How do you keep motivated to practice a habit when there is someone who pokes fun at you?
- Any ideas for exercises that I can do in the morning in the bathroom before taking a shower?
- How do you make the exercise feel good, and not feel like a chore? Even if it’s just for 5 minutes in the morning.
- Does anyone have any suggestions for routines? Apps you use or how you make up your own?
- I see the app working for me. I am now recommending it to every person looking for a way to break a bad habit. What are some ways you’ve motivated your peers to build better habits with you?
- How do you not fall asleep when trying to meditate first thing in the morning?
- Where do you run into trouble when trying to keep an excercise habit up? How do you get through it?
- What do you do to halt cravings? Mine are mostly for bread and for sweets.
- I’d love to hear about other great workout programs people have tried that kept them motivated and felt and saw a noticeable difference.