If you exercise in the morning it gets out of the way, you feel energetic and it’s a big accomplishment for the rest of day. Exercising makes you happy, elevates heart rate for the rest of the day, and if you exercise in a fasting mode you also are depleting body’s energy instead of the food one.
If you exercise in the evening, your heart reta is elevated during the day so it might be easier way with cardio. It helps to use up extra energy you have left, might relax you and help to wind down. It’s important to left enough time before to sleep otherwise you might have difficulties falling asleep. It’s best to choose something relaxing/low impact if you exercise right before sleep time.
The most important is not when you do it, but that you do it. There are many variables in life so as long as you do your workout it will be effective either way.
I hope it helps.
I do it before breakfast is because after breakfast I have to let the food digest and that will take time. When I start doing yoga, it’s already sometime into the middle of the morning. In order to have a block of time to do other things, I choose to do yoga in the early morning. Also I found, right after bed, the body is more stiff so it’s good to have a stretch.
For bedtime yoga, I found a little bit of stretching to enhance the muscles and then relax the muscles, I will sleep better.
- If I wake up late, what can I do to exercise and yet still reach my office on time?
- How do you get up and exercise in the morning?
- How do you stay motivated to exercise on days when you’re just exhausted and had a 12-hour shift at work?
- How do you stay fit and focused when your job is mainly sedentary?
- How do you stay fit and motivated when your job is sedentary?
- What kinds of exercises should I do as a beginner?
- How do you stick to an exercise regimen? I always start well and then let it slide.
- Can you suggest at home workouts for fat loss?
- How long do you usually exercise in the morning?
- Is there a habit that you have had a hard time keeping up? I think most people might say exercise. But, I have not been consistent with meditation no matter how many times I have started over. Truth be told, I fall asleep. Any suggestions on changing up how I do this? P.S. Time of day makes no difference. 😴