The blue light emitted by screens on cell phones, computers, tablets, and televisions restrain the production of melatonin, the hormone that controls your sleep/wake cycle or circadian rhythm. Reducing melatonin makes it harder to fall and stay asleep. I mean me personally I live alone so fortunately I don't have this issue, although I do find myself not being able to turn the TV off at reasonable hour. I would just being it up before bed one night and I mean it is your wife that your talking to so I would imagine that you will be heard and just simply explain the situation and that you are trying to do something new for yourself. I think you'll be fine.
Just tell them what you're trying to do. Let them know that you're trying to unplug and disconnect from devices after that tell them "I appreciate you for showing me but I can't I'm uplugging, thank you but no" that's all
- How do you disconnect and then use your phone to do evening routine habits like mediation and checking off the fabulous tasks?
- Do you ever give yourself a “cheat day,” like on the weekend?
- Do you feel like your relationships can improve if you’re not on social media as much?
- What can I do at night time besides use my phone when I can’t fall asleep and my mind is racing?
- what is your method to avoid the phone?
- I’ve found that a lot of my screen time is actually spent messaging people – I don’t want to disconnect from people but how do I manage this?
- What do you do when you disconnect and unplug?
- Do others feel very down and disappointed about their habit too?
- Is it better to reply to texts or messages straight away so that you don’t feel pressured, or is it better to leave it until you feel ready?
- How do you disconnect for the night ?