Have you considered having a regular mediation session before going to bed.
Instead of doing it while being in bed you would meditate into your favourite place at home for about 30min or 1hour. This would help you to put your mind at ease and prepare yourself before going to bed. To this I would also add a very gentle stretch session.
I understand the use of the guided meditation, but as mentioned about it's is also important to stay unplugged. Also after some time of practice you should probably be able to follow the steps of the meditation whiteout listening to it, have you consider this option?
If none of the above works for you then do what's the best for you, sleeping is important. You could also set your phone one "don't disturb mode" you can program it to activate around 30min or 1h after you have started the guide meditation. That would set it offline while you are asleep.
- How do you feel after meditation?
- How do you meditate well through illness or feeling pain? I find I struggle to breathe gently if I’m snuffling with a heavy cold and find it difficult to find peaceful calm in the face of persistent pain. Does anyone have strategies for meditating through these sort of challenges?
- Do you feel that meditation helps you?
- When do you find it easier to meditate: early in the day or to help wind down at night?
- How does one move from guided meditations to self directed meditation?
- How do I suppose to feel when meditate?
- How often do you recommend meditation?
- Best application to help me meditate?
- What part of meditation is your favorite?
- How do you motivate yourself to accomplish your habits when you’re busy?